xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
hashbang

The Name Game Whats the basis for the name Astahost?

my names comes fron "Rap Colombiano"... back in 98 i opened a web page about colombian rap... when i was trying my fisrts free hosting services i tried rapcolombinao as the username...

but it was taken!!!!

so, i use a short expression for it.. rapco... and it's been like that ever since http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

I would like to try a different approach to this.  Anyone who can guess where my name comes from(or even close, or hell, a damn good story that you just make up), gets a cookie.

you know you want the cookie.

Amorak: you speak Inuit?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ok, i really feel like a cookie right now so I'm gonna have a go at guessing.

When you were first trying to think of a good name for yourself on a forum you started looking for idea's in your favourite things. You started with the name of your favourite band but no that was taken, then you trried your favourite sperting team but that too was gone, you even tried your favourite piece of clothing but it too was taken :) . After thinking a while longer (this is the stage that ThinkEr got her name) you finally remembered this bizarre little story about a majestic tree frog that was kissed by a princess who died from the poison which was the frogs only defence mecanism. You decided it was worth a shot so you tried it, and of course that was taken too. So you thought "screw this board I'm gonna find one that has less people to take my names". That is why you came to this board and are using "MajesticTreeFrog" as your name.

Hmmm... I don't think that either of us actually thought this through, after all how the heck am i gonna get this cookie? By the time you've mailed it to me it'll be stale. Ahh well I guess i'll have to make my own :) .

I use my name :), It's the user name I got 16 years ago on our first *nix box. I tried to use a couple of other usernames online but end up forgetting them.I hate it when you go to a site / forum that you have not visited for a couple of months and I can't remember the d@rn username and password.And it's easier on people when you meet them in RW, then you don't have to have nametags with online alias and RW name.Nils

My name comes from the fact that I like to program. Sometimes I just program for hours and it seems like its all I do. So I came up with Coder2000. I have used other names in the past but this is the one I am sticking with.