xisto Community

I dun know since i never heard any of their older album... I like their Vertigo... the one used in the iPod ad and the newest song? It is seriously cool but slightly weird... First time listening to this band... ^_^ Quite satisfied...

Sum 41 and Simple Plan oso does the same genre and their music almost sounds the same. I mean, those 3 bands:-BLink 182Simple PlanSum 41Are playing the same kind of music. Fighting it out with each other to see which band can survive till the last... Kinda weird... LOL...

There's a good reason why U2 currently are considered to be the biggest band in the world today. My personal opinion is that they have tried so many different styles over the years and have succeeded in creating something unique each time - good music.That might seem a bit corny, but it is true. When they released POP - mst people just hated it - but it really wasn't a bad album, there certainly were good songs in that package. I suppose today's generation has grown accustomed to the middle-age rockers belting out "Beautiful Day" & "Vertigo" but I feel the definitive U2 album would be "The Joshua Tree".Anyway, yeojingkai - I highly recommend listening to "Joshua Tree" which has hits like "With Or Without You", "Where The Streets Have No Name" & "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For".

I disagree that U2 sounds like Sum 41, Blink 182, etc. Perhaps some people draw this comparison because of U2's most current single, but I can't even see that. I do agree however that they have survived and continue to be "the world's biggest band" because they always try different styles. Often you can still tell it's U2 but you can also tell that they are trying to move on with their music. That is the best combination for a legendary artist. Take Neil Young, for instance. Or Bruce Springsteen. Most people know of these artists and they still remain popular (or semi-popular) today because they evolve. Those who stay in the same mold or who evolve very slowly (like Sum 41 for instance) will tend to be less remembered as the decades go on.That's just my opinion though.

w00t w00t im going to u2 concert - netherlands, july 16th!!! i Posted Image em. i bought atomic bomb when it came out, for just €10,- cause i already knew some songs, and i loved the album, now i think i'm gonna buy rattle and hum - dvd and one cd, october, war, best of 1980-1990, or boy, or maybe another one. what do you think is the best?

I don't know about U2, they used to be a great band with meaningful music. Now theyve soldout to I-Tunes and nolonger have good meaningful music.

They have some nice music. 'Vertigo' made a mark in Europe. This December when I was in Paris, I walked into a store called "FNAC" and what do you know... Vertigo is playing. Then in London, I walked by a small music shop in Heathrow, and Vertigo was playing. I really like this song though it has really no useful meaning.

What think of the career of U2? 

What think of their musical evolution? 

What think of their last album?

For you, which is their best album?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The Career? Overrated, overplayed (I listen to cd101 http://cd1025.com/ and they dont plug stuff, but U2 gets old even there)

The musical evolution? what was the quote? F*** the mainstream. we're the most alternative band. Was that the quote? Alternative bands do not get best rock song grammys. they get best tv theme (they might be giants) NO MUSICAL EVOLUTION HERE, PLEASE MOVE ALONG, NOTHING TO SEE

What do i think of their last album? Both singles.. yes i said both... are overplayed. I don't really like U2 at all

For, me? the best album is any one they didnt have a part in.

But that's just my opinion

Peace

Aaron

HOT! U2 SWEEPS THREE GRAMMYSFebruary 13, 2005
posted by: m2

"Vertigo" swept all three categories in which it was nominated at tonight's Grammy Awards in Los Angeles:

- Best Rock Performance By A Duo Or Group With Vocal
- Best Rock Song (songwriters award)
- Best Short Form Music Video

Only one of the awards was given during the TV broadcast, and U2 made the most of the brief time allowed for acceptance speeches. Edge spoke first, holding up his Grammy and dedicating the award to his daughter Sian, who is "reportedly suffering from leukemia", according to a Reuters article tonight. After Bono said he was "genuinely surprised" by the award, Larry talked about the uncertainty that U2 would be able to perform tonight, and the uncertainty they'd be able to tour at all this year. He also apologized (again!) for the recent ticket sales problem -- an unnecessary and classy move.

Earlier in the evening, U2 performed "Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own", and near the end of the awards, Bono joined an all-star chorus in singing the Beatles' "Across the Universe" as a fund raiser for victims of the Asian tsunami in late December.

Next year, they'll be competing for "Best Album". Vertigo single was released in time for inclusion as a Grammy Nominee for 2005, but "How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb" will definitely make the cut for next year's Grammy awards.

How can you say that someone dosen't have meaningful music? If they write it themselves it must be pretty meaningful, it dosen't have to be good music...Sum 41 Blink 182Simple Plan ...i can't stand, but U2 has some good music even if they are 40 something...Vertigo's pretty neat