xisto Community
Dreth

(dreth's Nebula) View & Review Please?

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

This is by far my most ambitious site, it is by no means, something out of ordinary but all the time I've been confined to make sites about a certain theme. Now it's my time, I call all the shots I make all the rants I want I post any pictures I diss anyone, the site's most interesting and maybe, amusing section, is the Dissension page. If you have any kind of problem figuring out what-leads-to-what just let your mouse over the word (on the left side of the page) and it should give you a brief description.

Thanks, Dreth

i think that in the front page, u should have something else other than the image and plain black background. I suggest u to have the background merged with the image. I think it'll be better if the purple waves are not limited by the borders of image. u could do some text eff. on the enter sign in the image just like others found in ur website. Y do u left out the "enter" ? lol :Pand i personally dun like to browse in a new window after hitting enter.other things r just fine. i'd rate it a 4/10

After looking at the code of your entrypage, I was a little bit surprised
that it shows up at all!

<style type="text/css">

If I counted right, you have this twice in your headsection and
once in your bodysection!
It belongs in the headsection and only once, preferably just
linked to an external stylesheet ( CSS ).
Also there's metatags in the bodysection, which also
belongs to the headsection.
The title is located in between the head and the body, it should
also belong in the headsection!
The page also has to begin with a DTD.
This is very basic HTML, and should be corrected.
Also, the popup window is totally uncalled for.
You should also reduce the size of the text.
Add a little color to the text to
Don't get me wrong, I'm only trying to help you to make a good
looking page to look even better!

http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%bhost.com%2F

cheers

I'd rate it 5/10. I like the graphics but the way you combined your colors just hurts my eyes. And of course your HTML errors should be corrected. Just a suggestion, why don't you try getting all of the free/downloadable browsers that you can get and test your site on each browser. I'm using FireFox and your layout looks fine but what about other browsers?

Thank you people for the comments, I changed to a new host, it's http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ and it's the exact same site, with more content of course.

if you must know, I created it with DreamWeaver MX, so I appreciate all the HTML reviews and such but, you all speak in chinese to me. I just know how to make a site, not the actual coding. And as for the frames, yes I need, I don't want all images re-loading at every page. Thanks again, and tell me something about the content of the site, not just technical stuff if you can. Here's a rundown on all the sections:

Mind - About Me/ The Review Corner / FAQ
Vision - Pictures
Creativity - Some Drawings, Songs (not up yet)
Dissension - Rants, funny articles
Audile - Monthly MP3's ranging from Rock,Metal to Techno, to classical music.
Nexus - Links
Speak - Guestbook

Site layout and graphics is really nice, but one thing I couldn't figure is why does the Intro Page load into your main browser window and when you click on the "Enter" Logo, the main site loads in a much smaller pop-up window. I don't know if you want it exactly that way, but maybe you should look into it and make it load in the main window itself.. enlarge your background and make it full sized.. - the main site in a small window isn't really an attractive idea...All the best :P

Well, you can enter through the pop-up window or just click the link above the enter for normal linking.

Click below for better viewing or

Click Here to open the site in a normal window

The site is designed in 800x600, I even added some codes to make the background not repeat if the resolution is bigger (in other words, to not tile), the pop up is supposed to open a window exactly the width and height that the site is, a bit smaller than 600 in height, 800 in width.

Maybe you have a bigger resolution, and are not used to seeing smaller windows. You can always enter normally: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/