xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
marijnnn

Free / Gpl Pdf Editor

hello alli'm looking for a free pdf editor. it's for a company, so don't start about downloading warez please. acrobat's creator is not an option.and don't mention the pdf-printers, you know, the virtual printers that print your docs to a pdf file.what i need is an editor that can open pdf files, edit them and then save & close the file again.the more different ones i have, the more choice i have! so throw them at me hehetnx in advance!

oh, but you're right. must have overlooked it the last time, but now i see it: they have a sperate program that can edit pdf files. when i saw the 995, i remembered installing it, but that was their pdf printer. tnx for the link. more programs welcome though! gonna test it now, hope it's any good.

apparently doesn't exists a free pdf editor, but you can try other alternatives more cheap.

PDF Editor 2.2.6

Limitations: Watermark on document

Jaws PDF Editor

the evaluation version is a fully functional product time-limited for 14 days

Advanced PDF Tools v1.3

product time-limited for 30 days

Foxit PDF Editor

Watermark on document

Greets Deivid

oh :rolleyes:  the description said "Create PDF files from any program, fill form fields, and edit existing PDF files." so i just figured. sry bout that

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Did you end up using that program? I would like to be able to edit PDF files but I don't want to download a program unless I know it will work, because sometimes those free programs are hard to deal with and hard to remove from your computer. Does anyone use this program? I would like to see a review if anyone has actually used it.

Acrobat AlternativeFree / Gpl Pdf Editor

Replying to lesmizzie

I just installed cygwin with the required X11 other dependency.  Ran pdfedit and it launched fine.  I copied the pdf into my /home/username folder and opened it.  So far so good.  As soon as I tried to highlight anything or select stuff, it became unresponsive using 100% cpu resources.  I'm just trying to replace, or even overlay an existing image with another one, then save.  I was unsuccessful on nearly 10 attempts.  Couldn't figure out how to import an image and I had to be deliberate with the mouse for fear of locking the application up.

I also tried PD Fill which claims to be a "Free PDF & Image Writer."  The program was very clunky, but I manged to overlay an image on top of what I wanted to replace.  Once I saved it, it overlayed a watermark which ruined it.  I only have a 1-off job to do and it's not worth purchasing a program for a single use.  Would be nice if someone in the open source community is able to build something to do this task.

I also installed the latest OpenOffice.Org suite and even though it can export to PDF, it has no ability to modify an existing PDF.  If anyone has a solution to this please let me know. 

-reply by Mike

DTP: scribus.netFree / Gpl Pdf EditorReplying to (G)MikeReplace/Overlay: GPL desktop publishing http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ ... Will import PDF, lets you overlay items, and export as PDF. I think it only adds layers within your new file, so you won't be able to erase information from the old file.