xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
cryptonx

Your Invision Power Board Is Trial Version ? true or false ?

Powered by Invision Power Board(Trial) v2.0.0 PF 3 © 2004 IPS, Inc. this is the text at each and every bottom page of ur ipb forum ... are u using the trial version ?? if yes , then please notice the following :Trial LimitationsThe trial version is encoded which means you are unable to view the PHP source or modify the PHP source. There are also these hard limits: 5000 Posts 1000 Topics 1000 Personal Messages 200 Members Bulk Mailer Disabled Language Editing Disabled SQL Toolbox Disabled No IPB Portal Included No SSI Export Facilities No ability to upgrade between trial versions If you exceed any one of these limits, your board is turned offline and access to your ACP is removed. If you choose to purchase a full Invision Power Board you can upgrade your trial version to a full version so you won't lose your current members, posts, etc. The full version comes with readable source code which means you're free to modify the PHP code for your personal use. Source : IPB home siteif ur using a full version then please remove that , or else ppl might think ur using an ilegal / cracked version and report you .

False!!! You are absoltuely incorrect.

Untill the release of ipb2.0p4 or 5 invision services hosted and allowed free downloads tot hese versions. Then suddenly all these packages were removed, while these packages were removed invision services were busy making ipb 2.0.1, then 2.0.2. Then recently they now host downloads for limited trials encrypted with Ion Cube and Zend versions which have all the limitations you listed:

Trial Limitations

The trial version is encoded which means you are unable to view the PHP source or modify the PHP source. There are also these hard limits:

5000 Posts

1000 Topics

1000 Personal Messages

200 Members

Bulk Mailer Disabled

Language Editing Disabled

SQL Toolbox Disabled

No IPB Portal Included

No SSI Export Facilities

No ability to upgrade between trial versions

If you exceed any one of these limits, your board is turned offline and access to your ACP is removed. If you choose to purchase a full Invision Power Board you can upgrade your trial version to a full version so you won't lose your current members, posts, etc. The full version comes with readable source code which means you're free to modify the PHP code for your personal use.

All people who downloaded releases of ipb untill ipb2.0pf4 or 5 are legally allowed to continue using that distribution but the disavantages are:

No upgrades are given to these free old versions

We at Xisto never use the illegal ways of getting what we want, we are merley taking advantage of what we are allowed to legally use.

Please do not make harsh conclusions without researching the real facts.

I have no idea what that person was on about. I think he thought we were using the version that is a trial from IPB with those limitations. No way, we are using a pre-final version which is completley free and has no limitations whatsoever.

Prodigy ..I never ment any harsh comments I was worried about this great service you offer , so i thought you didnt notice this so I wanted to warn you ppl before something bad happens :P I said : " or else ppl might think ur using an ilegal / cracked version and report you . " I didnt say you are using one .... I am just trying to help .

No the previous trial versions which we use continue for ever as they are not encoded with anything. I assure you guys we are running a perfectly legal forum.

I wasn't trying to imply that it is illegal... ^_^ Anyways. I really like this online community and the web hosting packages you host. And... Since this is free... Won't you guys go bankrupt one day with so many people with your host? LOL...

no, advertising seems to help opaque pay his fees but barely, you guys should really understand most of the money for your hosting comes out of opaques pocket. Allocated space on the server seems fine at the moment as we only have around 80 registered accounts, the server can be shifted or upgraded if we run into problems with space ect.