xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
rmdort

What Is: PHP-Nuke?

PHP nuke is a content management system or CMS. IT has built in forums, download page, stories, articles ,news and a lot of other stuff.

Its a stable portal with a striking developments year after year. A lot of modules and hacks are also available for phpnuke . TO have a closer look visit

https://www.phpnuke.org/

For PHP nuke platinum which is the more advanced version visit..

http://www.techgfx.com/

Notice from microscopic^earthling:
I don't think this can come under here. It's not really a new invention or technology. Besides the writeup is too small. Take a look at the other interesting fact & figures posted in here and you'll know. Moved to Software > CMS
Edited by microscopic^earthling (see edit history)

PHP nuke is a content management system or CMS. IT has built in forums, download page, stories, articles ,news and a lot of other stuff.

Its a stable portal with a striking developments year after year. A lot of modules and hacks are also available for phpnuke . TO have a closer look visit

For PHP nuke platinum which is the more advanced version visit..

http://www.techgfx.com/

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes. If you are hosted here and you have Cpanel then you can automatically install it through addon-scripts, saving alot of time :P

Yes. If you are hosted here and you have Cpanel then you can automatically install it through addon-scripts, saving alot of time :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

is that for true?.. really?? well then that will be great .. man.. i dun hav to waste time in uploading files which takes more than 20-30 minutes..

is that for true?.. really?? well then that will be great .. man.. i dun hav to waste time in uploading files which takes more than 20-30 minutes..

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Lol, yeah, cpanel is really great and its really awesome that Xisto lets you use it for FREE :P Thank OpaQue :P

NOTE: Cpanel is like one click install for everything. Just one click and its all there!

You can download phpnuke at https://www.phpnuke.org/

Install requires mysql and php installed on your server

You may need to edit some files manualy but most of it is just easy set up depending on your server.

the latest free version is 7.4, for some reason they made 7.5 a pay version so I don't know what thats like. But 7.4 works pretty good for me.

There are on the other hand a lot of other cms programs out there such as XOOPS

I don't recommend phpnuke personaly because of how so many people use it, it really tends to make sites uniform instead of individual :P oh well though

And for all you posters going off topic i recommend you stop now for I will soon be giving warnings to accounts and banning people for hours to days at a time depending on how often I see you spamming about ****....For example how good cpanel is. If you want to talk about cpanel and enumarate its features just start a new topic. I don't want people getting confused inside the forums.

PHP nuke 7.5 is available for free download at the downloads section in https://www.phpnuke.org/.

but phpnuke 7.6 isnt free.

Installation

1. Upload all the files from the HTML folder to u r webserver. As spacewaste told the server needs php and myswl support. It given by Xisto.

2. Use an ftp client to upload . it will take some time ,

3. Create a database in ur webserver. U have to know the database username, password and the database host.

4. Edit the config.php file in the HTML folder of the phpnuke. Fill in the right dbname, pass, dbhost

5. Goto PHPmyadmin and open u r database that u created for phpnuke

6. Upload the file nuke.sql that is present in the SQL folder of PHP nuke to ur database. Another option is open the nuke.sql using notepad copy the instruction and paste it in the query window of u r databse in php myadmin.

7. Now goto u r website. U have to create a super user first

8. thts all enjoy..

Any other doubts post it here

That was great to know about PHP Nuke. Even I wanted to know about it and what all CMS are. Thus user management over here becomes quite simpler than installing multiple scripts.

cool!i didnt know about this phpNuke. i keep seeing it on websites based on the php coding. and on the bottom of the page it has "powered by PhpNuke x.x.x.x" i always wondered what it was. at first i thought it was a program that creates the pages for you like "microsoft frontpage" or "macromedia dreamweaver". this post has made it clear!thanks!

Where can i get the PHP Nuke ? I want to install it in my local server???

and How can I get it for free....? I dont want to waste my money for trial only...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you had read some of the earlier replies you should have seen this link

Or just do a Search for PHP-Nuke and you should then just go to any of those listed and then click the Downloads then under categories go to PHP-Nuke and right now the latest version is 7.7.0.3 which includes a WYSIWYG that helps in news and message entry and most other Administrative functions.

I write Ported MODS for PHP-Nuke and also furnish fully modded and additions to the Plain Jane PHP-Nuke that you get when you get a standard version. My versions are called NukeXtra right now my site is down (the MySQL server has crashed, the host is working on it) the site is NukeXtra there are fixes and corrections to standard versions of PHP-Nuke like the Flags missing in the language interface option which has been around since PHP-Nuke came out (I guess since 6.8 any way) plus you can get MODS for the phpBB forums there that are only availabe at one other site Ported Mods (my site has more true ports) try them both, if my sql is still down try again later.

Login to your Control Panel (CPanel) then go to Fantastico Look For CMS and third on the list will be PHP-Nuke click it and it will install it for you, then you just set up the Super User in your new PHP-Nuke there will be a link that tell you about it.After you have set up your Super User (GOD Admin) I would then add at least one more admin, in case you forget you GOD admin login. Then I would login to the home page you should see a whole bunch of icons on the right hand frame, from there scroll down and find the only news article something like Welcome to PHP-Nuke then either select all and enter a space to erase the whole mess or at the very least go to the bottom of the edit page and select who can view this page and select Admins only because the default is all Users (this is very bad). If you do wipe out the message entirely then when you select the home link there will be just a page with blocks on the right and the left but nothing in the middle, this is because you have the news by default as the item displayed in the home (the center of the page) so you can either select under the administration news and write a little new news story to fill the void or put something else (a module) in the void.Any problems them post them and I'll help you through the process.