xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
keifer

Putting Animals To Sleep

The shelters do ,place ads in local news paper ,concerning pet adoption day .although ,during that one day a month ,is a reduce adoption fee also placed upon the pets located at shelters .the way shelters figure though in cost and expenses ,that they assume in adoption fees ,vary from one county to the next county .some counties may charge a fee of $100.00 or more especially when a shelter ,feels it is a pure breed ,then they may consider charging more .some counties only charge $7.00 fee .although smaller amount of fee ,means that shelter will not be keeping that animal to long in their shelters .depending upon ,what treatments that animal held during their stay at the shelter .although shelters are known to place dogs to sleep ,quicker than the feline breed .at same time shelters believe ,when a family can not afford the adoption fees ,they can not afford to keep ,updated medical and personal care upon the animals either ,at same time ,personal love that comes from a family ,does not hold a cost .it is all consider though ,on the shelters out look .human race should ,love their pets enough ,cat or dog ,to actually take time out and get them fixed ,so there is no mistakes and unwanted animals out there to be ,living in a shelter ,till comes that day ,they are laid to rest too .we have cats and their out side cats and whom actually cares enough to have them fixed ,so not increase ,animals being placed in shelters ,take a look around and you will find a quick answer to that .although shelters hold their own down falls ,they do hold there good points too and are there ,first handed ,to retrieve animals that are abused and left to die on their own ,as unwanted pets .how can we share our life with a animal and after years of sharing life together ,changes happen in your life and that pet can no longer be shared part of our lives ,now that is heart breaking news there.so we pay shelters to take on our long lived with pets money ,to be rid of that responsibility then complain when shelters charge to much or place animals to sleep .where is the good or the bad ,in the hands of all of us ? :)

hey why not keep them all? cats are sweet :D we have a lot of cats in our house because my mom love to :) we have I think?? mmm maybe they are 20+? yeah its not yet enough xD and my mom do blogs about them and they are absolutely cute so why not keep them all? :( it is also the best reason why rats are afraid to build a house in our home aha,

Yeah, i agree with your point of view on this situation. Maybe they should give the animal away for free if they're considering killing it instead of actually killing the animal. It would make somebody's life more enjoyable. (The animal wouuld be more happy too)

I agree, I had a dog when I moved the pound put him down. I has so mad.If the pound can't afford to feed the animals they could just not pick any up for awhile. Plus if they were really trying to help the animal they wouldn't have them for so much money.