xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
rmdort

Firefox Problems Firefox one of the worst browser

I switched from IE to Firefox recently... but I still have to open up IE once in awhile due to compatibility errors. >_> But yeah, since my memory is low anyways, I really don't notice much of a difference whether I have 10 windows of Firefox open or 10 windows of IE. XPTHe thing I don't like about Firefox is that it doesn't let me use GetRight automatically. ;_;

well personally i like mozilla firefox way better than IE because it has a lot of features that internet explorer doesnt like a pop-up blocker and its own download manager. Also it loads the page a lot quicker than than internet explorer but i dont know about the other browsers

well personally i like mozilla firefox way better than IE because it has a lot of features that internet explorer doesnt like a pop-up blocker and its own download manager. Also it loads the page a lot quicker than than internet explorer but i dont know about the other browsers

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You should try Opera. It's free, even faster than FF, also includes a download manager and of course a popup blocker. The only bad thing about it is that it now comes with some small targetted text adds at the top of the browser. You get used to the poointless adds though ^_^ .

Where to download OPERA? Just search it on google or is the website http://www.opera.com/ lol... I neva heard of opera... Used IE and IE was lousy... Went to using FF... ^_^ Improved alot.. I really like it... Just that sometimes when I listen to MIDI and open too many Tabs, my whole comp lags... My processing speed is bad... that's the reason... Oh well...

The reason why there are complaints about firefox is that those people are IE users (so they are nOObs)

This kind of Windows/IE biggotry is really stupid. There are a lot of techie/programmer types who use IE because it gets them where they want to go. I have a dual boot system (Windows Advanced Server/Red Hat 9), and when I'm in Windows I prefer IE. It's true that tabbed browsing rocks, and that FF rendering is somewhat quicker, but I have had some nagging problems with responsiveness. For example, when I logged into this website, FF asked me if it should remember my username and password. When I affirmed, it took about 20 seconds for the little dialog box to go away. This also happens when I just pull up the "About Mozilla Firefox" window from the help menu, so that eliminates a network issue. And neither IE nor Netscape have this problem, so it's not a ram/hardware issue. Also, it is sluggish when I scroll with the wheel mouse. I think FF must still have some bugginess to work out.

Also, if anyone wanted tabbed browsing with IE, it would be a pretty small project to write a VB application that instantiates the IE engine in multiple tabs.

I Dual Boot WindowsXP (for the family) and Gentoo Linux for me.Ive used Firefox since it was called Phoenix (around version 0.5 i think) on Linux,but i recently installed Firefox on a windows System, and ive got t say i wasnt as impressed as Firfox on linux.i installed it because Windows IE was suffereing from some nasty browser hijacking... half the time you click a hyperlnk, you are taken to some site full of Ads. i installed firefox, thinking that firfow wasnt popular enough amunsst windows users yet for the hijacker to take interest.. but it did..Firefox IS GOOD... but to see it in its full glory you need to see it running on ats FOSS friends ^_^Ohh, someone mentioned GetRight.... you can use these so called download managers with a plugin.thats the idea of firefox... Bloat Free,,, any desired utilites / bloat are added with plugins

RAM Usage
Compare 4 IE Windows to 4 FireFox tabs. Notice how FireFox is the leader when you make it a fair test?

Starts Slow
Check out the unofficial optimised builds for Windows from MOOX:
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
They run a heap faster than the official FireFox, which is alredy fast anyway.

Using GetRight
Activate Clipboard URL catching or whatever the name of that setting is in GetRight, then right click the download link in FireFox and click Copy Link Location.
Now, you should get a GetRight Save As window after you click Copy Link Location.

User Interface
Explain how MSIEs interface is superior to FireFox.
I'm actully really fond of FireFox's UI, especially the tabs.

Hopefully, I got you's anti-{the worlds best browser (FireFox)} users to switch back to {the worlds best browser (FireFox)}.

I think Firefox is the best yet web browser. Compare to Internet Explorer, in a dial-up connection, Firefox loads the webpage faster than Internet Explorer. Compare to Opera, firefox is more easier to use. Firefox is so small. It has features that Internet Explorer, Opera or Netscape does not have.

Firefox is much, much better than Internet Explorer. For yeard I'd been using a slow brower that was boring, full of security holes, and had very little functionality. Then, about half a year ago, I downloaded Firefox and instantly noticed the difference. Not only that, but Firefox supports plugins (called 'extensions'), of which there are many. Maybe there are Internet Explorer plugins, but either they are not easily found or there are few of them -- not that plugins are a big part of why I use Firefox. They're just an added bonus.

Firefox is the best browser I have ever used. Period. To this day, I have not had a single problem with it. If something isn't working, just download the correct plugin. Problem solved. Don't some of you know that if something goes wrong with a program, it doesn't mean it's always the fault of that particular program?

I like firefox. I use it most of the time and have yet to experience any problems with it. I expect that it has bugs in it, but I personally havent run into them yet. It works for m :) e.

While I do agree that Firefox is extremely helpful with its tabbed browsing and increased security, not to mention its customizability that comes with the extensions, I have to say that it still could use a bit of work. Quite a few of my favorite sites are incompatible with Firefox, so I have to switch to IE to view them... and if I choose to view those pages first, I generally end up not using Firefox at all. So yeah, a few incompatibility issues, but overall very, very nice. The whole tabbed browsing thing has caused me to open up too many tabs on several occassions and almost freeze my computer. ;;>_>Text-to-Image rules, though. Nothing beats that. Unless, of course, you'd rather not see the image... ;;>_>

what sites dont work on Firefox ? ive never come across a single one !