xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
rmdort

Firefox Problems Firefox one of the worst browser

Most-heard complaints
People didn't understand the interface
Sometimes, it reacted so slow, people thought the network had crashed or the internet connection was down
It freezed and crashed constantly, sometimes sucking more than 90% of the CPU load for no obvious reason
Pages showed up completely wrong or didn't work at all
Wanted pop-ups didn't open
Completed downloads could not be found
Bookmarking gave problems
PDF-files caused crashing
Pages "disappeared" by accidentally using tabular browsing
Lots of obvious keyboard- and mouse shortcuts were missing
âŚand a lot more complaints I can't remember at the moment
I uninstalled Firefox the next day. Firefox is clearly NOT meant for the general public!

look at here

http://firefox.buggyashell.nl/index2.html

not being meant for the general public doesn't mean it sucks. i dig it. tabbed browsing is great, ie could learn something from that. mozilla & opera have had it for ages and still ie doesn't have itmaybe it's not meant for noobs. but it rules once you know how to work with a computer.even my mom uses it. i gave it an IE theme and she's not having any problems with it.

dont worry, this is what we call a troll.making obviously pointless comments.firefox crashes opening PDF's ?firefox doesnt display PDF's its a light weight browser... although firefox can display pdf's using a pluggin or extension to a 3rd party pdf viewer. if the pdf crashes, then its the 3rd party viewer crashing, not firefox.people cant find completed downloads ? well, it they cant remember the save-as location they shouldnt be using a computer un-supervised... (they might get an electric shock when they start sucking the mouse)wanted popups didnt popup.... well then click the unmissable bar that says @we blocked a popup... if ya wanna see it.. click me !@the speed pages open is not a firefox thing... its either 1) slow / unresponsive netowrk.. or 2) the unlerlying operating system... (windows probably)

i mean i still use firefox but i found this article somewhere,, So jus thor of sharing.. The guys seems really pissed off on Firfox.. N he even created a REMOVE FIREFOX icon too.. I support firefox

I uninstalled Firefox the next day. Firefox is clearly NOT meant for the general public!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i mean i still use firefox but i found this article somewhere,, So jus thor of sharing.. The guys seems really pissed off on Firfox.. N he even created a REMOVE FIREFOX icon too..

I support firefox

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think you need to read over what you have written. You have either lied or made a fairly large typo, and back to the subject of the loony with a website. I don't know what he was thinking actually suggesting people regress back to the rather lacking standards of Microsofts IE. He goes on to bag the web standardization project which is just not on. If everyone followed some relatively simple rules then the web would be a much happier place for everyone!

hmmmmmm

Firefox is not best because it has some problems and it is slow sometimes thats the problem although it is good.This problem should be improved.and one last thing i cant get the plugin of flash for fire fox.where i can get it.

ok :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't think Firefox is the best either. It's a really good browser withit's plugins but don't think anyone can beat opera. It's fast and reliable. Anyway, to play flash in firefox all you have to do is download macromedia falsh player. You can get it from here - http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/windows.html

It's a list of some of the most popular plugins for Mozilla browsers.Most of the plugins work for both browsers and if it dosen't it will say so on the right.

-I've never had any speed problems with firefox-Never had any problem with pages not showing up-All popups that i want to popup still do-None of those other problems either

not being meant for the general public doesn't mean it sucks. i dig it. tabbed browsing is great, ie could learn something from that. mozilla & opera have had it for ages and still ie doesn't have it

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Actually, Netcaptor started out with tabbed browsing for many years, even before mozilla and opera added it to their programs...

That being said, Firefox is not exactly designed for the people who have just started getting onto the internet for the first time. Remember, the site did say it has continuous updates of fixing bugs, and finding new bugs. Firefox is a more reliable browser then netscape or IE that I found so far, however since I paid for my netcaptor program, I do not need to have another browser.

For the truly new users, I would recommend Netcaptor or Mozilla.. I have no clue how Opera has changed since I last used it 7 years ago (very slow, and very sloppy then), unfortunately I know Opera is not free or cheap. Netcaptor has a free version, and it does not interfere with your ability to browse in any case. If you pay for it, you get free upgrades all the time.. thus you only pay a 1 time fee for it. Mozilla is free, but it does have its drawback - a.k.a not fully bug-free.

I don't understand how people cannot understand the interface. Eveything is pretty straitforward. If you still dont get it, there are themes you can use to change the interface.

It freezed and crashed constantly, sometimes sucking more than 90% of the CPU load for no obvious reason

This problem might be caused by a virus. Spyware is also known for slowing down browsers considerably. If its not one of those reasons, its probably a bug with the computer because this never happend to me.

Wanted pop-ups didn't open

You can always turn off the pop-up blocker

Completed downloads could not be found

Just right click the download in the downloads window and click open containing folder. If its not that, you might have accidentaly clicked to open the download.

I think that Firefox is definatly for the public. Its more secure than Internet Explorer and for my computer, its faster. Also, it has the ability to use add-ons. I don't think you can do that with Internet Explorer.

Most-heard complaints

Sometimes, it reacted so slow, people thought the network had crashed or the internet connection was down

http://firefox.buggyashell.nl/index2.html

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

blah blah blah... If firefox runs crappy on your system that's only because your system is crappy! I use firefox and i think it's just great... The reason why there are complaints about firefox is that those people are IE users (so they are nOObs)

IE users are so used to ads and popups and the like that they think a page is not correctly displayed if there aren't any. And they also expect that the browser installs 'toolbars' (which are crappy spamthings) and that your browser's searchpage gets hijacked and so on... I 'd say use IE if you want to f--- up your system.

you say people dont understand the interface ? i replaced all IE icons with links to firefox, and my 12 year old sister didnt even notce the difference in the interface.

I too think Firefox is uselesss... Coz I have used it and found is no good for browsing...also it has the buggy interface... All I loved about Interface was the search bar...its the coolest thing about adding search engines....Internet Explorer is good

I too think Firefox is uselesss... Coz I have used it and found is no good for browsing...

also it has the buggy interface... All I loved about Interface was the search bar...

its the coolest thing about adding search engines....

Internet Explorer is good

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Does this alternate planet you live on where IE is good have a name? IE is one of the most insecure, buggy, slow browsers I have ever used. The only reason I would ever use it is because so many people create pages that can only be seen in it. I can't remember the last time anyone ever thought it was the best browser. 1994 maybe?