xisto Community
ThinkEr1405241472

War In Iraq War in iraq

Do you really think there should be a war in iraq? in my opinion its just imperialism in the 21st century.
This is the way USA can deprive China of the oil it gets from that area...
I don't want to say off-colour things about the USA, but acting this way and standing up for this politics is just dishonest.
It's very very depressing. We thought there were weapons of mass destruction there but it turned out there wasn't so now we're over there fighting a war for absolutley no reason....Not for no reason. Bush is after something as usual... deres no such thing as doing something for no reason. e.g. you cant repeatedly bang your head on the wall for no reason. theres a reason for that and that reason is you being "mad" "mental" etc...

I'll link to a few political cartoons to illustrate my point...

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

What do u think ???

I agree 100%.Basically if this war was about terror, N.Korea shoulda been taken down firstif it was about WMD, north korea shoulda been taken down firstif it was about civillians being killed, then they shoulda invested their time and money into africans and asians that are dying each day due to lack of food and water...

Well, he did say that Saddam was the "man that tried to kill my daddy," or something similar to that.War in Iraq had several things going for it. It's common political knowledge that a war abroad distracts the citizens at home. Away goes the economic woes and the dismal approval ratings. Hello Bicameral and non-partisan support! Hello high approval ratings! Hello dupped countrymen!The facts about WMD were overplayed and in the end, it came to bite them in the booty. Not severly, just a tisk tisk don't do that anymore. Unfortunately, by that time we'd already set things into motion. "Shock and awe?" More like "Make big impressive initial stance so no one can say 'you didn't try hard enough.'" Now we're stuck in a country we don't belong, our troops are being killed daily, and the world community views us as the elementary bully in the world school yard. I'm frankly sick of Bush, but the part that scares me the most is that more people voted for him this election than last election, by a substantial amount. O countrymen, where have you been for these past four years!?

the war on iraq was planned for a longer time, even before 9/11. Bush looked for a good reason and found that in the 9/11 but he forgot that Hussein never had connections to Al Quaida or another big terrorists because Hussein was a military dictator but not an islamic fantatic like the regime in Iran. The U.S. should think before they talk about mass destruction because they sold these weapons about 20 years go to Hussein who was in war with Iran.I think that USA should go to North Corea but Bush knows that there is anything to get like oil or something but he could get very big problems with China and Russia if he will go there and that operation could be a bigger bloodbath than Iraq because North Corea has got a very big army.

Invading North Korea wouldn't really solve any "problems" that the US Govt. sees in dire need of fixing. Sure, NK is violating human rights every day, and they pose to be a nuclear threat in the future, but as it stands right now, the US has obligations in Iraq and any military historian can tell you that two battlefronts is a horrible mistake. I'm a firm believer that it was a mistake to enter the Iraq war, and then not fully carry through with the mission, but I would lose all faith in our military leadership if we were to now invade North Korea on a very similar charge of possessing WMD.

I still lean to the war in Irac being a personal objective for Bush to secure the oil, not to keep it from the Chinese, but for his oil partners, the Bin Ladens (Not sure of the Spelling).

You have to look beyond what the media presents and into the Bush family's business interests. Both of them sent this country to war in Iraq, and both of them have a vested interest in what happens to that oil.

They are working for their "higher powers" the rich oil men of the earth. No doubt about it.

pete :)

even if Mr. BUSH wanted the oil , saddam , some other things or even if he wanted to make the troops play counterstrike there , he should have sent NORMAL SANE TROOPS not SICK HOMOSEXUALS , BISEXUALS and SADISTIC PPL like we see on TV .C'mon for gods sake , a Female Solider .... ( females are generaly known to be soft , that's my info or at least in my country , idont know about the uS ) takes off some prisoned men cloths , tie a rope arround thier gentials and start dragging them ..... then the uggliest of all , taking pictures of herself as if she has done something GREAT ! another sick guy finds a totaly harmless wounded iraqi civilian lying in a mosque .... according to " saving private ryans " movie , he should hug him and give him some water and tell him that he is sorry . according to International Laws , if he's AN ARMED or considered to be an ENEMY he should be taken (arrested , war hostage if the words are right ) or if he is a civilian he would be transfered to a hospital or left as is if no medical supply is nearby .according to mr BUSH sick troops , " let's see what 20 bullets of a MP4 machine gun can do to a human body ? " Thank you , you gave the guy FREEDOM like you always say you do , he is now a FREE MAN ! great , if getting killed or dying is FREEDOM then why did god really created us ? to prison us ? omg . this is utter nonesense .

The gerra in Iraq is a simple strategy to be able to conquer the oil sediments a country's riches, the empire yankie soled this where you can obtain benefits toSimpre was the same thing, the worst thing of everything this that the people that are going to combat Iraq are not been born in use but Latin, those Latin they emigrated to use in search of a better standard of livingAnd the Government yankie them prmete them North American nationality to those soldiersIf and when they return of Iraq

Well, cryptonx, you're not mentioning all the good soldiers out there in Iraq like those who are friendly to all the Iraqi children and hand out candy as their convoy passes by. The majority of soldiers are very civil and are doing a good job in Iraq its just that there are a very few that are giving a bad name to the rest.Also, I tend to disagree about the oil in Iraq. I think that there's no way for the US to take control of any of the oil as long as there's an Iraqi government in Iraq and I think the oil will be left to the country to use. I think President Bush was more focused on democracy in Iraq than oil or wmd.

i don't really agree with the war in iraq because WMD was a lame excuse and thousands of people have died including innocent people who have nothing to do with the war and were just going about their own lives.Bush can't give orders to invade another country just because he "suspects" they have WMD over there. the terrorists and people already hate the U.S., this is just going to make them hate the U.S., more and more and more.

i really don't particulally want to get into a debate on whether war in iraq was / is justified or whatever however i do find it interesting that the search for WMD's has no ended with a zero level of success. i feel that as weastern democracys whatever the reasoning behind a war needs to be justified on far more than the potential of possibly finding something, which was the justification 2 years ago in the UK at least.

I have to agree compleatly and fully with bush and the war on iraq, if we didn't go in their is the possiblity where we would still be fighting this war, just at home, people don't think about that, pre emptive action is a great tool when used wisley as bush did, even kerry thought at first their were WMD's in iraq, thats what the intellegeince report sayed, nobody said it was 100% accurate but its not worth the risk if you are asking me.

This by far is probably the most controversial topic in US politics today.The only valid reason President Bush had to invade Iraq was because he suspected "weapons of mass desctruction". There has been to signs of these weapons since the war started.Way to many lives have been lost and the US is losing lots of money it could have spend elsewhere. I believe once the US Army pulls out of Iraq, it will be no different from before other than the change of government. What was wrong with the government? How did Bush thing he could get his country to solve their problems, if they even had any.I agree Saddam Hussein was a bad leader of the country. There was no democracy in Iraq.Its been a few years since the "War on Terror" started. No one has gained anything, there are still bombs going off, people dieing everyday.I don't see how Bush can defend this war day in and day out.The only thing I'm confused about is how Bush got reelected. With everyone against him, he still manages to pull ahead of John Kerry, who was prefectly capable of leading his country and would most likely have pulled his troops out of Iraq now.Whats next? An invasion of another country?

This by far is probably the most controversial topic in US politics today.

The only valid reason President Bush had to invade Iraq was because he suspected "weapons of mass desctruction". There has been to signs of these weapons since the war started.

Way to many lives have been lost and the US is losing lots of money it could have spend elsewhere.

I believe once the US Army pulls out of Iraq, it will be no different from before other than the change of government. What was wrong with the government? How did Bush thing he could get his country to solve their problems, if they even had any.

I agree Saddam Hussein was a bad leader of the country. There was no democracy in Iraq.

Its been a few years since the "War on Terror" started. No one has gained anything, there are still bombs going off, people dieing everyday.

I don't see how Bush can defend this war day in and day out.

The only thing I'm confused about is how Bush got reelected. With everyone against him, he still manages to pull ahead of John Kerry, who was prefectly capable of leading his country and would most likely have pulled his troops out of Iraq now.

Whats next? An invasion of another country?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

intellegienc e said their was, even democrats though their were, if we didn't take action, saddam would still be in power, their would not be upcomming elections, and we could have a nother terroist attck by saddam loosing even more civilian lives than military life fighting their, we could just as easily be fighting this war if bush didn't act, just own own soil.

and i don't even think kerry knew his position on some thing, he was always flip-flopping, it was so obvious one day he would be oppsed to something, later that day he said he favored it. plus plesope don't like changing commander-in-chief durring war, and thats not why bush went to war eaither.