xisto Community
illusion

How To Put Sounds?

There are tons of free sounds available on the internet - just use your favorite search engine and search for free sound effects or free midi or whatever flavour sound file your require. Be prepared to sort through some crap though before you find what you want. I don't really have any favorite sites since you seem to have to look everywhere with each new project to find what you want anyways.Good Luck

Streaming sounds is also a good way to serve up sound on a site. It doesn't slow down your pages on the initial load - it can be turned down or off on demand - and it helps give you a professional feel to your pages. That might even be a good topic for a tutorial.

I also discourage putting souds on your site. I tried it once and it annoyed my firends and it also didn't work for a few of my friends, cause usually when you embed it plays in Quicktime and most of my firneds have Linux soooo.There is a better way of putting sound on your site rather than embed. I forget what it was but I think it may have been something like object.

you can put sound in your site by using for example javascript! many browser can understand javascript and you can use it everywhere on your website! for example by clicking on a link or directly strat a sound by opening the site. but i think you shouldnt put musik or something on you page! its annoying.. and if you really want, you should put on a button with the value "mute!" :) greetz darul0r