xisto Community
campusjunk

Halo 2 Is Out!

Ok so Halo 2 came out last night at midnight. It looks sweet, i havent had a chance to play it but got to watch some friends play. (they were too addicted to let me in on it, ha) So what does everyone else think about it?

Hahah, I got it the first day. To tell you the truth, however, i was a bit disappointed in the single player mode. The ability to hold two guns at once is aaawsome, but the game lacked the important element of a good story.The Online portion is a different story. It is AMAZING. By far the best online FPS ive ever played. Not only that, but EVERY game you play is tracked by bungie, it stores all your scores, hit percent and even a map overview of where you went and killed in the game!!! Its definatly worth picking up if you get the chance :P

Ok so Halo 2 came out last night at midnight.  It looks sweet, i havent had a chance to play it but got to watch some friends play. (they were too addicted to let me in on it, ha) 

So what does everyone else think about it?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Halo 2 was released here on the 9th, although I didn't rush out to buy it.

Halo 1, to me was overrated. It never held up expectations, it's too short for starters, it can be clocked in one day. Storyline is unoriginal and graphics are normal, the enemies look like something pulled out of Half Life, so still unoriginal.

Halo 2 hopefully is better, although I ain't anticipating on buying it. So I really can't say what I think about it, but if Halo 1 held it's end of the bargain, then Halo 2 would have been on the buying list.

MC

i went through 1 and found it rather boring at times and great at other times :Pit was too long: the part where you have to follow this flying robot that opens about 12 gates for you was way too long. it was really boring.i'm wondering what's the story with halo2. didn't the ring get destroyed? :s

How could you guys not like Halo 1? The storyline is original, I've never seen another game with the same kind. I agree that the game was alittle short, but if you played Legendary mode, it would take a couple weeks(at least it did for me). I love the new grafix on Halo 2 and also love the fact that the vehicles are more realistic(hijacking, destroying) I also agree with some people who said that the ending sucks, but the other parts of the game makes up for that.

hype hype hypeThere's only one good thing about Halo .............I dont have an xbox .. but I like heard about Halo like a martian heard about Michael Jackson ..I didnt truly care as i dont like Consoles , anyways a year or less later Halo has came out for PC .. I rushed like an idiot to buy it and did , installed played ... 15 minutes later i stopped , cursed the hell outta Microsoft and went to the GearBox forums ( the ones who made the PORT ) flamed them tell I was almost banned .. then someone suggested I try the Multiplayer feature ..I did and I was hooked for a couple of days , the best thing about Halo in my opinion is something that is totall diffrent than the Purpose of the game . it's a FPS game , right ? then why the hell is Aerial combat is much much much much better than the whole concept of the game ?dunnodunno maybe its my personal opinion but I think Halo 2 is gonna be just the same ... better graphics ( TO a LIMIT , xobxs limit :P ) and improved vechiles ....if this game has NO vechiles .. it would have been one of the most boring game experiences for me .... after Half life . of course HL2 looks very promising .

Energy sword.... king among weapons...

Is it just me, or does Halo 2 not feel as good as Halo?

Its like they didnt get the mix quite right or something. Some levels are just amazing, and you dont get bored for a second, and then some levels just seem to drag on and on.

I have to admit though, the multiplayer was never as good as it is now.. Its perfectly designed, and i love the way the multiplayer levels are themed on the game levels.

The game has great graphics and an awesome multi-player. I also played the single-player, which is also good. There is barely any new weapons when you compare the game with Halo: Combat Evolved. The new levels are cool and they look great, probably the best looking for the X-Box. I would give the game a 9.5/10 if I had to rate the game 1-10.

Halo 2 has got to be the funnest game to play on Xbox Live. It is quite different from other Online FPS games because you get randomly matched up with players the same skill as you (this makes it easier to get into 16 player games). Bungie is also listening to the fans and cracking down on cheaters.

alot of people wont agree with me, but i dont see whats soooo great about halo. wow...another shooting game...another thing that kills me is that halo is american made, and made for use on the xbox (mostly, pc is just a port) which also is american. if your so facinated with american inventions, go to japan. their tech is 10x better than ours and it kills me that an american system like the xbox got japanese support. now why should it matter? because video games have japanese origins, and it shouldve stayed that way. i dont care what anyone says, if you got an xbox you are scammed.