xisto Community
nealed

PS2 Vs XBox What is better PS2 or XBox

Ps2 Vs Xbox  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

When it comes to whats better or best I would say that it is equal. Xbox is super loaded with great specs. Xbox is already loaded with a harddrive but you can also load your ps2 with a harddrive. Ps2 has a linux compatibilty system. Some developers developed that. Here is the specs... CPU Xbox - 733mhz | ps2 - 300mhzGraphics Processor xbox 233 MHz ps2-150 MHz Sony GSRAM xbox-64 MB ps2-32 MBMemory Bandwidth xbox-6.4 GB/sec ps2-3.2 GB/secPolygon Performance xbox-125 M/sec ps2-66 M/secand many more...It is obvious xbox has better hardware than ps2. But lets check the games...metal gear 3, tekken 5, silent hill 4, gta san andreas, and many more quivering and exciting game titles.So you see it is balanced... better hardware goes well with better game titles...

It's obvious that ps2 was out way before the xbox. Therefore, the ps2 isn't in comparison to the hardware and graphics of the XBOX. (in most cases) GTA: San Andreas and many other popular video games are for the PS2 only. But, Ninja Gaiden + Halo serires for XBox. They both have great things for each system. Tough choice game wise.Don't be scared by the controller of the xbox though. I played GTA: SA on playstation and had to use their analog for it. I didn't much care for the precision. On xbox however. The 1st controller they came out with is bulky and sucks. But the S-series is great. It is a little bigger, but it fits right into my hand (or so it seems). The analog is great on xbox. Enough buttons and stuff, so everything works out. After around an hour of play time with it, I'm sure it would be alright for anyone else as well. I liked the ps1 and ps2 controllers also, but xbox isn't too bad to get use to.I also took an old ps1 controller (analog dual shock model) and was able to plug it into the thing ps2 console. I told my roommate (he has older ps2 model) and he said he couldn't do his that way. Just telling you all so you don't go spend $25 for a new ps2 controller when you have old ps1 laying around.

I like XBOX alot better. Better graphics and an all around better system. Although PS2 has alot more games (like GTA and Grand Turismo 4) Xbox is a higher quality (i think) system. But others will disagre with me. :D

i think that there's a thing that differences PS2 from X-Box, PS2 is a gaming consolle, x-box it's a good attempt from microsoft to create a consolle but with the only result of have made a mini powerful PC: for me X-Box it's a PC not a game consolle but this is only my thought.i prefer ps2 'cause lot of my preferred game are for that platform :( but i like a game for x-box: dead or alive 3 :)

I dont own an Xbox nor PS2, cause i dispise consoles. Im a hardcore gamer, i just have no use for the dinky little things, game pads (all hail WASD!), and shite resolution.As to which is better, Xbox. Graphics dont really matter, considering most consolers are very shallow and non-techy individuals (i know alot here arent, but almost every console owner i know is.) Maybe cause my hands are huge, but I love the massive controller. What really is cool is HALO2. Best FPS ever, simple. Since xbox uses all standered networking, they ask me to come to the parties of 4 xboxes (we get 12-16 people on lockout. :() to hook them up, and ive had some awesome times, all because of dear Master Chief. I dont think you can network ps2 like that, to hear your mate from the other team yell pwn4g3! as he gets rampage with the plasma sword, killing your entire squad. Shame it was made by (m)$atan. :)

x-box it's a good attempt from microsoft to create a consolle but with the only result of have made a mini powerful PC

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Mini?!

That thing is huge and awfull! I hate the looking of the Xbox. Not to talk about the huge controls. I also have big hands, but I'm quite confortable with PS controls. It's just a matter to getting used to it. Also my mouse is quite small and it is great.

I am in the market for a gameing station and was just wondering what people prefer. I don't know much about the PS2 or XBox, and was just wondering what others though of them. I know the XBox is more powerfull, but the PS2 is more widley used. If you speak to the shops, the one that sells XBox does not like PS2 and the one that sells PS2 does not like XBox (Bias opinions I think).

Your input and opinions will be gratly appreciated.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think you should have both.

Those who own XBox will vote for XBox and vice versa.

The sales statistics of the two have minimal difference, so the votes also will.

the order of how good a console is(as far as I know):XboxGamecubeDreamCastPs2Not by opinons, but by How powerful they are, graphics capabilities, e.t.c.The Ps2 has outdated hardware, and I don't even consider it a Nex-gen console. The graphics aren't even right, it's all jagged-edged and pixel-like, even on games like Grand Tourismo. Sony should really update.Their controller is comfy, though.Xbox on the other hand, is pretty good. It has alot of memory and you don't need a memory card. I hate Xbox's controller, it seems like it's built for a yeti. The graphics are far superior towards the Ps2, it's more powerful, it can do alot more things, enough said.Games however, are a different story...

In my opinion XBOX is much PC-like, and many games that are published for XBOX also earlier of later shouws up also on PC (those, that I'm interested in) but for PS2 there are many (again like above) premium games (like Final Fantasy X and X-2) that won't show up on PC, so as Game Console, my vote goes to PS2... and he done like he said... :)

On the time I was planning to buy a new console ps2 and xbox have a very small differences in the price about 8$ only. I had a hard time deciding what to buy xbox or ps2. I have seen such many exciting games in ps2 so that's why I decided to buy it. I want to try xbox as well but the games of ps2 is overwhelming... From horror to espionage and sports... Now denying xbox has more hardware compared to ps2. But I would go for ps2... and soon ps3... new technology...