xisto Community
palestranger

RAM Anomaly something weird about my ram

do you sure that the memory installed is 64?if yes. check if the video memory is shared(built-in video card) to the external memory. if yes.check the memory if it is sharing 8MB to the video memory. 64 - 8 = 56 :)if no check if the memory is chunk into pieces(32+16+8+8).then back here post more info about your pc. os and other things...

Probably you've a integrated motherboard, it's mean that the video card is inside of the motherboard and the video card requiere memory (video ram or VRAM) to work, but in this configuration the integrated video card take ram from the system. In your case the video card is taking 8 mb. You can go to the bios setup and configure the amount of video ram shared, generally he options are 2 - 4 - 8 - 16 - 32 ..... MbGreets Deivid

i'm at my dad's now but i will check out as soon as i can...is it possible one of my ram chips is just broken? I have opened my case and it says 64..And i don't think i have seen a video card.. So i guess this 8 megs is used for video ram...thanks guys