xisto Community
palestranger

Dna a topic about genetics

At school they told me DNA is the blueprint of any organism. They tell us that 3 hydrocyclic bases (the bases are C, A, T, G in DNA and C, A, U, G in RNA) together form a codon, which makes up an amino-acid. Several amino-acids form a protein. A start code announces the start of a new amino-acid and an ending code tells your ribosomes (the places where proteins are formed) the protein is finished. But there are huge bits of dna between an ending code and the next startcode. These things are thought to be junk DNA. But I don't agree with this...

There is a lot more to tell about DNA, because if you have deciphered only the bits that encode the proteins, you don't know how the organism will look like.. You don't know anything about the structure of the organism, or what tissues should be formed etc. An organism with multiple cells in adult phase, starts from one cell (or two if you have sexual procreation). And still, you get a fullgrown organism. This should also be in the DNA. But how is it coded?

I have also stumbled on a site which claims that they can activate your junk DNA, and you would become like a god, because u use your DNA at it's full potential. Up to twelve strains. I think i don't believe this either...
>> http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ <<
Tell me what you think?

I don't believe, The Bible said There is only One GOD!!  :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, I believe in just one God, which happens to be me...

Why? Because my whole world stops when my life ends; To me, personally there will be nothing anymore.. Compare it to a videocamera that has been trashed while running: the end of the tape will be black cuz there is NOTHING on it..

Summarised : I am my own God. I worship no other.

I think this DNA code is a real junk cause of some reasons:
1) If there is a code, it must be readable. Only ribosomes can use this info. So if this code is the real junk.
2) Junk code is useful: it can lower probability of mutations (when junk code is changed it doesn't cause real mutations)
3) Natural selection desn't eliminate mutations in junk code. So if they fully ( foolishly :P ) activate your DNA you can become either God or dinosaur or something else;)
4)

because if you have deciphered only the bits that encode the proteins, you don't know how the organism will look like.

Do you know that proteins form our organism? They are our stucture elements. We are made of proteins by proteins. So it's nothing inimaginable that your DNA can say how do you look like... (have you ever heared about clones?)
So don't think of this metaphysics. Science rules!!!

p.s. People are mortal gods. Gods are immortal people. /Š I don't remember who.../ :P

Personally I dun think they are junk too. For me as a programmer, I think these J-DNA are eithery left-over DNA or to-be-in-use DNA.In other words, these J-DNA could be left overs DNA from an earlier generation of evolution. As in computer programming, a program is made out of many many modules (or technically, functions and in the newer age, classes). Code is modified and renewed as the program evolves. In programming world, these unwanted modules will juz be deleted by the programmer/coder. But in DNA world, I think these no-longer-used DNA are the junk DNA. They are there but not in use anymore.On the other hand, they maybe DNA that is there for future use. Much like how a programmer forsees the requirements of a software, the modules are put there so that in any case of need, the modules will be there and need not be written. So these JDNA, which seem to be doing nothing at all, may in fact not yet performed their functions.But of course, my knowledge on DNA is lacking and all this is pseudoscience. Neways, its what i think about the issue.

On the other hand, they maybe DNA that is there for future use. Much like how a programmer forsees the requirements of a software, the modules are put there so that in any case of need, the modules will be there and need not be written. So these JDNA, which seem to be doing nothing at all, may in fact not yet performed their functions.

But of course, my knowledge on DNA is lacking and all this is pseudoscience. Neways, its what i think about the issue.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So what if that JDNA is DNA for future use?

If we could get those JDNA to be decoded as well, we could make superhumans, or thing s that ain't human

This is half-true what they can do is ALTER your genetic structure utilizing mostly Kenetic Energy, Protons, Electrons, And Atoms. The basic alteration is using modified atoms to be fit into the human genetic structure. By "Changes" they mean changes to your Hormones and most other things also may include bad things due to energy drawing of modified Genetic molecules. This includes Loss of consciousness, Migrains, Moderate Rashes, And possibly some pain. So this is a risk to the human kind and i say these people are nuts.

I don't believe any of it. After I read that the early humans were telepathic, I stopped taking them seriously. Not only is this unexplained, but if this guy is offering to make other people gods, why isn't he one himself? This is just a scam, and those 'testimonials' are very probably 100% fake.

The testimonials are indeed 100% fake. So, to go back to the subject of the j-dna. J-DNA, while it doesn't code for anything, if removed from the DNA sequence results in death. It appears to be necessary, but scientists are not sure what for. From what I remember from my courses in genetics and biology, the current hypothesis is that they hold data from prior mutations. This way, a species has access to faster mutations(requires fewer generations for strong evolutionary change). If this is true, then it would be a feather in the cap so to speak for punctuated equilibrium(an alternate theory to natural selection for large scale species change and process by which evolution occurs).