xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
wannabeeaweak

how good is a mac

In my opinion, macs are good. However, from reading posts on here it doesn't look good. Probably to upgrade it then yes it'll be about the price of buying a new computer (mac maybe) but maybe a little less. I"m not real sure actually, but thats what it sounds like.Anyways, if you've got around $1000 to sink into a computer, like a macintosh, then go ahead and buy an ibook. Then again... It makes me think that for $1000 you could get a really good windows gaming machine. Thats very tempting for someone like me who LOVES to game.If you want saftey and a good work computer, then get a mac. If you want a computer to play on, buy a windows/dell computer.

I think Mac's with OSX are fairly good. Im a Windows person, and even though I dont normally like Mac's, the school I attend used eEacs w/ OSX in the new lab that the programming class was held in, and though you can multi-task fairly well, I still think Windows is far better. But as for safety and security, I would use an iBook. I love our schools iBooks. :(

I think maybe we should get back to the topic? He's not asking specifically whether macs are better or windows are better, let's not turn this into that type of topic. More specifically, he's asking whether buying that OS7 machine his friend is selling him at 50 bucks is worth it.I'm agreeing with Soleq, there's no point buying that machine. Unless you want to use it for very easy tasks or to use it as a server. To give an analogy it's like asking you to buy a windows PC that was made in DOS times, or maybe slightly better, a Windows 3.1 Machine. Sure, it MAY be possible to upgrade it to Windows XP, but it's going to be hard, the parts will be old, and you're going to spend a lot of money upgrading the sucker by buying memory and hard drives and cd-drives, and have a headache because the parts will be hard to find, and then buy your new software, and then have another headache because the new OS doesn't work with some of the parts and stuff...OS7 machine upgraded to running OS X, will be akin to Windows 3.1 machine upgraded to Windows XP. Think about it. Is that 50 bucks worth it?Although usually I would recommend macs to anyone, in your case, if you want a cheap machine, just assemble some PC by yourself or get it from Dell or something. If you want a mac get the Mac Mini or the iMac or something.

hey well my friend is going to sell me a mac 7 is that good or is it really out of date and u know how windows u can by the thing that upgrades your windows 98 to a windows xp, well can u do that with macs??????/

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Of course you can! I have a g3 strawberry imac that is way out of date that I bought on eBay for $90 and I upgraded it to OS10. It doesn't have a lot of memory so it's slow, but it is possible to change the OS. You may need to add memory for speed, however.

- unix cover up great graphical user interfaces- for purpose of programmin coding, graphic design, audio, vedio all renderin softwares which use huge central processor- stability, performance and professional work flowthose are keypoints of how good it is....try it!!!

Every Mac has a list of all the old and new macs. It also gives you the street value of it, so you'd know if the price is right.

If you don't know what the mac came with, this gives the specs for everything. In case you aren't sure which mac you are dealing with, they have pictures which can help in the identification process.

Another place that is a good source of macs is Apple History

Sort of fun seening how the older macs looked, compared to the sleek ones out there now!