xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
wizzywig

Ip blocking on a game server? Xp--2003 server

hi i run a game server for a clan and i would like to know how to ban ips for being able to access the server dame cheaters. I know you could use a program like zonealarm or other firewalls but i realy would lie to use the internal one but i can t find out how to do it please can some one help me as the cheater is so anoying..thanks for the help

There should be a help menu or a list of commands that tells you how to ban by ip. Go to the site or where ever you got it from and try to look for a support spot. We cant really help you because you dont supply us with enough information.

i helped u search the net but i found little answer... so i when through a little thinking and come with a theory... since u are a game server... so u will be accepting incoming connection from a port... u will be interacting with your client using this port... so if u put a program in this port... which will check the ip address of each incoming packet... den decide whether to allow or block... but for small server... this work fine... for big 1... for example like 1000 connections at any single time... i dun think it would be practical... i dunno if there is such a software existed (maybe firewall have... and there is a something call ip filter) but if u do know a degree of networking programming in anykind of programming language it is achievable... maybe u need to do some kinda proxy in your own computer to achieve this... after all i believe 2 programs can't have access to 1 port... 1 for the checking purpose... the other for recieving packet forward thru by the checking program u make... i don't know much abt networking programming in any language... so i can't make it for u... but i know this is achievable... maybe some good networking programmers out there can help u...