xisto Community

My Cpanel Ver is 9.0, and I've set up successfully 3 email accounts using Outlook Express.It's extremely easy to set up POP3 accounts in your Cpanel. Just point to Add/Remove email account(s), create ones you like and click at Outlook (Express) Autoconfig and it's done !Open your Outlook Express and try sending a test email.I've had no problems sending and receivng the email so far.

Start outlook express, and on the tools menu, click Accounts.Click add, and then click mail to open the WizardType your personal details, and when the configuration shows upIncoming mail (pop3): mail.astahost.comOutgoing Mail (smtp) : mail.astahost.comAccount Name: yourmail@yourdomain.astahost.comand put the password.Click ok, and you can send and receive emails.Greets Deivid

Your incoming and out going stmp server should be set to:

mail.yourDomain.com if you have your own domain or

mail.yourUserName.astahost.com if yo are a subdomain.

be sure that when your type in your username it is the complete email address and not just the username. Catches me every time. then enter in your pass word.

The above was for Outlook, if you are using express click the link in cp and follow the two instructions. I had problems with express from this site so I converted to Outlook. It has more useful features anyways.

Hi,I've configurated all after the book. But I can get emails but I can't send. Error message in outlook express is 0x800CCC0F.I've no problems with webmail.I hope that someone can help me with this extremly annoying problem.ThanksCheers!Jens

For SMTP use smtp.domain.astahost.com and that should work.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi,

Thanks for your assistance and help. But it seems like that it still not working. As said before drives this me insane. Could it be something on my account configuration at the server? If it could would it be possible for someone to fix it.

Thanks

Cheers

Jens

It probably isnt a server problem or it would be noticed somewhere along the lines. 0x800CCC0F rotates around connection problems, can you check if disabling your firewall effects this especially if its a norton product. If that doesnt work, try using your ISP's SMTP server, if it doesnt work it can also mean that Outlook Express has become corrupted which would need a re-install. Lastly check you have everything right, mail.you.astahost.com username and password port 25 etc....

It probably isnt a server problem or it would be noticed somewhere along the lines. 0x800CCC0F rotates around connection problems, can you check if disabling your firewall effects this especially if its a norton product. If that doesnt work, try using your ISP's SMTP server, if it doesnt work it can also mean that Outlook Express has become corrupted which would need a re-install. Lastly check you have everything right, mail.you.astahost.com username and password port 25 etc....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi,

The problem isn't only Outlook, I've also tried Firebird and Eudora and it change nothing. As you also mentioned did I disabled Norton and the XP Firewall, either this helps. I have even tried to reinstall my OS and still without any luck.

This is really anoying...:-(

Help me...

Cheers

Jens

Hi again,Someone please tell me how to do. As I'm now repeating my past question and I've tried to descripe the complete situation that I'm into, I've sent message to the host admin without getting any reply, is the situation that I'm totally lost.I know that this message for some could looks like an spam, but I can confirm that it isn't. I really hope that someone has some kind of expirence who would be so kind to help me with this specific extremly annoying problem or just come with some serious outcome, else can't I se any reasons for this forum. Of cause did I tried everything that I could, and I'm not totally lost in space. I know that you had tried to do your best, but I can say for sure that I wouldn't waste any's time with something that I could or should had figured out by my self.So Please come again.Sorry for above, but sometimes does some feels too lonely...Cheers!Jens

Hi hast-webben,I wouldn't mind taking some time to lead you through the process of setting up your E-mail account. Please give me a PM if you still need assistance, and we can meet on MSN Messenger, ICQ, or something of that sort. Hopefully, we'll be able to pinpoint the step in the process that seems to be causing problems.You can find all of my contact information in my profile--just click my name to see it. Please be sure to PM me to let me know which instant messaging network you would like to meet on. (IRC and Jabber are not listed in my profile, but both are fine by me as well.)Meanwhile, I'd like to clarify: you've set up a POP/SMTP account already, and you've configured Outlook Express to use this account. Outlook Express gives you an error with an error code.I hope this message doesn't come too late for you. I look forward to hearing from you soon!