xisto Community
prolifik

P2P programs(merged) What P2P program are you using?

I use both Ares Galaxy and Warez P2P Client.You can choose not to install the "extra" programs but either way, Warez will install three spyware threats that can be detected by Microsoft Antispyware Beta 1.I would recommend Ares Galaxy as it is easy to use and spyware-free if you are not that stupid enough to left the boxes checked.

I use both Ares Galaxy and Warez P2P Client.You can choose not to install the "extra" programs but either way, Warez will install three spyware threats that can be detected by Microsoft Antispyware Beta 1.

I would recommend Ares Galaxy as it is easy to use and spyware-free if you are not that stupid enough to left the boxes checked.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Which networks do these connect to? Gnutella?

I use the GiFT with the apollon (for KDE) or giFToxic (for gnome) frontends.Reasons why Gift Smites al other p2p down hard (except bit torrent)1) Free and Open (no spyware, no adware, nothing sneaky)2) it uses a pluggin system for protocols.as far as i know, giFT is the only client which can simultainusly search and download from 3 differend protocols 1) FastTrack (the open source version of the Kazaa protocol, compatable with kazaa) 2) Gnutella (used by Limewire / most other p2p programs, (again, an open protocol)3) OpenFT (again, a great open protocol, less users than kazaa, but much better content)However Gnutella nolonger seems to work very well, my machine cannot find any other nodes,it seems the gift-gnutella pluggin has had no work done on it in over a year (maybe they are working on Gnutella2 ?)why do people use free closed source software, that caims to be spyware free, and lies about options to not installl "extra porgrams" when the Open sourced alternatvs can be proven to be spyware free.Reasons why Bit-Torrent rocks.....1) everything ive ever downloaded.. (and i have downloaded some HUGE Dvd iso's (Free sofware, not copyrighted material) and they always arive in perfect conditions, matching md5sums and all.2) which amases me still.... im downloading differend segments from different people, downloading a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy, each copy transmitted across the internet (by no means a perfect error free transmition medium) transmitted through spyware / virus infected machines....its just great !

I personally use Ares, since half the time when i use Kazaa the files are all bodged up like they won't play, where as Ares all the files i find out good and the users on there is increasing dramatically (since most users of kazaa are coming over) and for games and large files i use Azureus (bittorrent). They would be my number one choices

I use Ares Galaxy too.Favourite chatrooms there will the PC_Help and its network.The download speed there is fast but it does depends on the number of users who have the files...Ares Galaxy, no spyware unless you are stupid enough to leave the boxes checked! Another favourite one of mine will be Warez P2P Client but it displays less results than Ares so Ares Galaxy rules.

Yea i dont use any of the p2p programs right now i used to use kazza and it seemed ok. Theres really not anything good to download off of those anymore plus there cracking down i getting the ip addresses of the people using the p2p illegally. Which means downloading game software and music etc. I didnt want to get into anything like that so i dont use that anymore.

i like WinMX.. its small and sufficient... works fine no popups and all.

Yea i dont use any of the p2p programs right now i used to use kazza and it seemed ok. Theres really not anything good to download off of those anymore plus there cracking down i getting the ip addresses of the people using the p2p illegally. Which means downloading game software and music etc. I didnt want to get into anything like that so i dont use that anymore.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Right. A bill just passed that a person with over around 1000 shared files can be persecuted by a $1000 fine. If you don't share over 1000 files you should be fine. With bigger networks like bittorrent that have many people feeding different parts of files to eachother it is safer becuase there is an impossible amount of people to really target one person. There is a big issue in the Supreme Court about if the software companies can be persecuted for allowing this p2p sharing conduct. We'll see how it goes. Personally i pay 15 bucks a month for a newsgroup server (https://www.altbinaries.com/) with no limit to downloading files, from dedicated fiberoptics lines. I get my full download speed of 430 kb/s from it. If you ask me, it's well worth it.

I use kazza lite resurrection and bittorrent, both have their pros and cons, Kazza lite is quite all rounded except that some mp3 doesn't have sound when you play them which is rather annoying, and for bittorrent, you need to stay ahead of the copyright and download it before the copyright comes out...

i use overnet program on the edonkey network. still seems to work perfectly and very fast. most of the time i try not to share any of my files. so that should be ok? use it to download the latest music.

I use warez (not really a program), Kazaa, WinMX, Kazaa Lite, E-Mule, BearShare, LimeWare, etc. I would LOVE to replace all those for Bittorrent, but sadly, I don't know how to use it, nor has anyone bothered to help me.