xisto Community
chunkynotsmooth

Samurai Games There should be more......

Wella ctually if you are itnerested they did make an excelent game called Samurai Warriors and it is an improved version of Dynasty Warriors about Samurai and taking place in medieval Japan. Its good stuff and definatly an improvment over Dynasty Warriros 4. Has more options in equipments, skills, lvls, weapons and adds many RPG aspects to the traditional hack and slash fighting game series.

Good stuff I would reocmend it. My personal favortie in its hybrid genre and oen of my favorites on  the Playstation 2...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

DW is a great game series do not get me wrong; but I would hardly say it is a Samurai game. It may have Samurai-related characters, but the game is based more upon war than Samurais.

Samurai Warriors, another famous game made by the creators of DW, is also hardly about Samurais. It is focused upon the same kind of setting where it is War>Samurai. A good game that is somewhat about Samurais, Onimusha. Samenoske Akachi is a good character, but it is also unrealistic with the soul-gathering and everything.

Same thing goes with Tenchu Wrath of Heaven. Good characters, no realism.

Way of the SamuraiSamurai GamesWay of the Samurai was a pretty good game for PS2. I never played the 2nd one because I heard it was exactly the same game. I hear Way of the Samurai 3 for PS3 and I think xbox 360 will produce it also, I hear it's going to be nice. The first game was all about the swords. The game bragged about having something like 40 swords and 200 fighting moves or something like that. Swords sometimes broke in battle, you could become a swordsmith and make some good swords, and there were some other cool features. You could align yourself with the townspeople and do the "right" thing, or align yourself with the bad guys and become an enamy of the people, it was pretty good. Multiple story lines. I really hope the next version is awesome!-reply by ShaynDaPain