xisto Community
drogus

Mods As Expansions - What's Your Idea On Them ?

Recently I have realised that after playing my favourite games several times It is becoming routine. And I downloaded some mods. What do you thinks of that kind of expansions?There is many good mods espacially for RPG games: Fallout Tactics, Baldur's Gate I & II, Diablo I & II. Search the web and you will enjoy many games that you found boring after plaing 10 times :) .

Edited by miCRoSCoPiC^eaRthLinG (see edit history)

one of my favorites is Champions of Norrath. That is one of the best RPG's I have ever played. Really thats the first one I ever set down and tried to understand lol. But theres suppose to be anoter one comeing out soon. I have to get it when it comes out.

I use alot of mods for halo pc. Its easy to make your own and they spice up the game. Theres also mods for diablo 1 and 2 that i like also. Drop mods and boss mods make the game fun once you have beat it serveral times.

hi!!i think the best mod ever created was counter-strike and tactical ops. the first is a mod for halflife and the second (i like it better) is a mod from Unreal tournament. both games there are now stand-alone versions but in the beginning they were mods. TO (tactical ops) i play now too because its a cool game and u should test it :)greetz nox

My buddy's on the mod team for reActionHalflife 2, if you know Action Halflife, Unreal etc, you know that Action Unreal will be there last production. Well my friends try to get the rights to the name, but were refused, now they came up with reAction HalfLife. It's an amazing mod form what I've seen, don't know what the release schedual is going to be, but it looks amazing!

The game mods that I like are, for the red alert 2 and half life. I played they hunger 1 and 2 and I haven't tried they hunger 3, I have been also waiting for the release of rete or resident the escape, but it was never released. I also want to play counter-strike mod, in red-alert 2 I just modify by myself using editor and I don't know what name to give them. And also mods for tiberian sun. I enjoy modding games...

it is very important that a game is easy to mod, or that it has an official map editor... why ? because after you finished a game 2-3... god knows how many times... you won't play it unless you can add some new stuff to put in the game... and mods do just that... and... don't forget that probably the game most played in the whole world, is practicly a MOD... Counter Strike is a mod for Half-Life... so... i guess that says it all about how much can a mod influence a game....

I used to play Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory quite a lot and since it's a open source game there are of course tons and tons of mods. And then I realy mean tons, like every server had his own mod. Nice on itself, but quite annoying if you haven't found a good server yet and you're looking for a better one, because every time you want to go to a new server you have to download the entier mod package of sometimes even 20-30MB. I like mods, but only if they're realy good and it doesn't get annoying like in this case.-=jeroen=-

yeah... well... Wolfenstein : Enemy Territory... was.. and still is a special case... since it is free... and very easy to mod... the moders exagerated... and this has leaded to this situation, where you have to download these packages... in this specific situation, you are right... mods tend to make the gaming experience a little hard !