xisto Community
karlo

Shoutbox, Made Easy PHP+MySQL ShoutBox Very simple...

nice script ill try it then ill get back to u with feedback

56705[/snapback]

Ok, thanks. I hope that you like it. It's also located on http://www.karlo.ph.tc/

on that website, there is a demo. You can also download it from there.

Admins why did my hosting credits dosen't increase after posting this tutorial?

when you uploaded the "kshoutbox.php" into your root folder (where your index.php is also located)

Just use the following command to show it in your index.php:

include("kshoutbox.php");

It will include the shoutbox script and just display it the way it should be displayed (depending on your settings).

REMEMBER: it's case sensitive, so if your shoutboxscript is called "Kshoutbox.php" you MUST use Kshoutbox.php, and not kshoutbox.php

Can I just upload this one straight into a page without having to set up any databases or anything? Or do I have to go through all the MySQL stuff before I can use it?

Can I just upload this one straight into a page without having to set up any databases or anything? Or do I have to go through all the MySQL stuff before I can use it?

56827[/snapback]

You just need to create a database and define the username, password, and db name in the shoutbox PHP file.

Post INFO Corrected
Tables has been repaired.

<?php header("Content-type: text/html; charset=utf-8"); //Send to browser that the charset is utf-8 ?>

<?php

/* ******************************

kShoutBox 0.1

.. find on google...

That seemed like quite a lot for a shoutbox script, its probably a better one than mine anyways :-p.

56916[/snapback]

I still need to improve it. Add smileys. And I need a limit. Like after 50 posts, it will delete the old ones automatically.

when you uploaded the "kshoutbox.php" into your root folder (where your index.php is also located)

Just use the following command to show it in your index.php:

include("kshoutbox.php");

It will include the shoutbox script and just display it the way it should be displayed (depending on your settings).

REMEMBER: it's case sensitive, so if your shoutboxscript is called "Kshoutbox.php" you MUST  use Kshoutbox.php, and not kshoutbox.php

56800[/snapback]

I used "<iframe>". I didn't use include() it will just mess up my website's code.

your supposed to put that in "

"

anywayz, is there a difference between <iframe> and include? And why would that mess up your website code?

Also, nice upgraded version, you seem to put some nice work in it :D

nice stuff keep posting such stuff i like this i will try this on my website tell me if you can make such fast chatroom or quick mesg mailer nice stuff man.anyway keep posting such nice tutorials.