xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
CiaraRae

Most Underrated Music Artists Underrated

haven't heard of those guys, may just not be my style of music though. the most underrated artists are the ones not played on MTV(which isn't saying a lot, because it seems that everything on MTV these days is absolute trash).this doesn't mean ALL of them are underrated(there are plenty of independent bands/artists that do indeed SUCK), but a lot of the best music I have heard in recent years has been found on the internet just looking around.For instance, the band Bliss. You can hunt them down on https://www.scene.org/

Indie artists, of course! Have you heard Interpol? Dandy Warhols? They rock!  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes yes yes yes!! The Dandy Warhols! The first time I heard their name, I just rolled off my chair, laughing. Really, it just sounds so funny. It's like saying 'tor-MEN-ting' with the em-PHA-siz on the absolutely wrong syl-LA-ble. Doping Panda; I'm not sure if they're an American band because I can barely comprehend what in the universe the vocalist is singing about. And then there's Le Tigre with their funky little songs like TKO. (would someone mind defining TKO for me? o_o) I don't know if Nada Surf, Louis XIV, Rilokiley, The Rasmus, Cake, Keane, Tex la Homa, or Detroit Cobras would be considered underrated. ('__-)? Or how about Ambulance, Red Hot Chili Peppers, and Scarling? I'm more active in Korean music and classical/jazz music than I am in contemporary English music.

VERY underated

Most Underrated Music Artists

Most underated over the last 30 years is a singer/songwriter

KARLA BONOFF

Most underated in the last couple of years is a young indie band

MOBIUS BAND

-reply by Rich H

My Recent Underrated

Most Underrated Music Artists

Lina - The Inner Beauty Movement

Gaelle - Transient

Samina - How I Feel

Within Temptation - The Heart of Everything

JR

Melikegoodmusic.Com

-reply by MeLikeGoodMusic

My underratedMost Underrated Music Artists

John Butler (/Trio) - Simply the most awe inspiring classical guitarist on the planet.Poets of the Fall - Surprisingly little recognition outside Finland despite being in the games Max Payne 2 and Alan Wake aswell as the 3dmark03 benchmark software.Zack Hemsey - Did the cinematic trailer music 'Mind Heist' for the film Inception. He's also a rapper, odd combo eh?The Afterparty - The one from Australia not the other one. Also look up their guitarist Lachlan Higgs on youtube for some fantastic multi-track recordings.Proofsound - Cinematic music in every film genre you can think of, at high quality with genuinely catchy riffs.Fujiya & Miyagi - Just so damn chirpy!Emily Barker and the Red Clay Halo - Mostly just so I can plug the track 'Pause' as used in the BBC series The Shadow Line.Story One - Tracks that build from small to grand, uplifting and powerful.The Webb Sisters - Two beautiful voices + a harp + a guitar + modern sounding music = really nice music.Nobuo Uematsu - It's a real shame how video game music is generally restrictive to only gamers, when there are amazing composers out there like Mr Uematsu. A good example of how good his compositions are would be pretty much the entire Final Fantasy VIII soundtrack.Steve Jablonsky - Or more specifically his soundtrack for the film Steamboy.Jack Wall - For the same reason as Mr Uematsu, just listen to the Mass Effect soundtrack to understand why.Grant Kirkhope - Yet again an underrated video game music composer, he did the extremely upbeat and memorable soundtracks for the Banjo Kazooie games.

-reply by Chiff