xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
websaint

Music On My Site?

I would just prefer a liittle button that says "Music ON/Music OFF" it is so much simpler and for the love of god don't put midi in, its usually really annoying and a sign of a bad webpage. Anyways put in mp3s cause they have the best effect in my opinion.For the button, i think you can make it as a flash object and put it in a page, but I'm coding stupid so i don't know what i'm talking about ;D

How the guys shown for you, it´s possible and easy. But a comment: I hate sites with sound if it dont have a play/stop and volume control. I just go away from this kind of site. If you want to use for experience or because your client wants, ok, go ahead. But it´s no professional way. HugsAcchile.

I use this...

<embed src="PUT MIDI/MP3 URL HERE" autostart="true" loop="true" hidden="true"><noembed><bgsound src="PUT MIDI/MP3 URL HERE AGAIN"></noembed>

But it seems like im taking the long way around, lol.  :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Why bothet taking the long way?

I strongly suggest that you stear clear of putting background music on your site. Most people are put off by the sound in the background and when surfing he web, they might have a radio on, or live internet radio. Putting sound into your site will disrupt this and annoy the visitor, they will ultimately leave.

The only time that background music should be used is when it is for an introduction, which these days isn't the best of ideas to use anyway.

-mik

<BGSOUND SRC="YOUR MUSIC LOCATION HERE" LOOP="infinite">

That is of course, in HTML. Enjoy. :) BTW, you could ommit the LOOP line if you want to play the music just once, otherwise, you can set the number of times you want it to be looped, just replace the value of infinite.

Are you sure this is HTML? Is this supposed to be a new tag because all I know is the <embed> tag. I've never heard of a BGsound tag.

Anyway, I think the best way is to use the <embed> tag. it goes like this:

<embed src="yoururlname" hidden=false loop=true autoplay=true></embed>

Don't forget to put in "hidden" attribute because the player won't show.