xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
chronogamer28

Free domains

They're not really free...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They are. I got mine for free. Some of them do ask for the credit card no. But for this site, you can select to pay by wire transfer. In that case they won't ask for credit card no.

Hey hey hey, thanks for this post Jhonny, I already registered 3 .info free domains which will last for one year. Heehee, pretty useful link for a TLD. A perfect place to own a free domain(at least for one year)! Tsk, saved $9 for every .info I registered. :)

uni.cc is yourname.uni.cc, not much choices. Or do you mean something different? Anything with DNS support is compatible with Xisto.

DNS makes it so it's lala.uni.cc/index.html, while a redirect service makes it so lala.tk goes to lala.astahost.com/index.html.

You could try http://www.noip.com/
It's meant mostly for webserved hosted on someone's computer, but I'm sure it'll work.

They are. I got mine for free. Some of them do ask for the credit card no. But for this site, you can select to pay by wire transfer. In that case they won't ask for credit card no.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for pointing the wire transfer part out. I seen this offer before but my credit card some reason wont work... well thanks again!

Thanks for pointing the wire transfer part out. I seen this offer before but my credit card some reason wont work... well thanks again!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You welcome.

I actually got about 20 from domainsite.com, But now they are charging 0.99$ per domain. Then I discovered this domaindiscount24.com. Now I just need to ask admin to allow me to add-on about 40 domains :)

dot.tk offers free domains.  Certain ones, you have to pay for, though.

It would be yourname.tk, pretty nifty I think.  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

http://www.dot.tk/en/index.html?lang=en does offer free doamin. But with very very limtied control. No DNS change, no name server, no MX, no subdoamin. Its more like forwarding service provided by no-ip.com

They do also offer all the services, for a fee

dot TK is good except for those annoying pop ups(in their free service) plus they do not give you DNS management, they only offer URL forwarding, only useful if you want a short address but in a domain sense, it's practically useless but if you really like a TLD address then dot TK would be good. Ohh... And you need some hits to retain your domain...