xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
asimrsiddiqui

Choosing Best Free Hosting Free Hosting

yeah ... that`s true ... i like that site ... i found a lot of free web hosting under http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ but i`m stiil looking for a perfect hosting to include: 500 MB space, 10 GB bandwith, ftp, ssh, cpanel, fantastico, no file size limit,etc etc ...(this is my dream) ... ;)) hope to fine that one ... becouse i can`t buy a paid hosting .... :P i don`t have a CC ... whatever .. keep going guis .... see ya

yeah ... that`s true ... i like that site ... i found a lot of free web hosting under http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ but i`m stiil looking for a perfect hosting to include: 500 MB space, 10 GB bandwith, ftp, ssh, cpanel, fantastico, no file size limit,etc etc ...(this is my dream) ... ;)) hope to fine that one ... becouse i can`t buy a paid hosting .... :P i don`t have a CC ... whatever .. keep going guis .... see ya

????[/tab]Guys - what all of you fail to realize is that there is nothing that you can really call a "FREE" web-host. Admit it, things like server maintainance, bandwidth etc. (of these bandwidth and connection speed cost the most) - all cost HELL LOT OF $$$. Who in the right frame of mind would throw that much away for free ?? If anyone could that would have been Microsoft and even they dont dare to offer you free webhosting with those kind of storage and bandwidth figures.

????Every so-called free host employs some way or the other to get back at least part of the $$ they're spending to maintain such a free service. Some use Ad-Banners to get partial returns, other use the so-hated and ugly popups and services like us (Xisto and Xisto), work in a roundabout approach. We ask you to maintain a steady flow of posts on our forums - which are very subjective in nature and thus draw a BIG crowd from the Search Engines. We display Advertisements to this crowd and recover part of our expenses.. but never entirely. The advertisement returns comprise only a minute part of our expenses.

????If you want to know what goes on behind the scene is that OpaQue funnels 90% of the funds he earns from his paid web-hosting service, Xisto - Web Hosting.Com to make up for the deficit incurred by these free services. This always was his dream project and he has no intention of letting his dreams die a premature death - THAT'S THE SOLE REASON WHY HE DOES IT. He started it coz he was pissed at the poor quality of the free web-hosts and wanted one which would provide you with no less flexibility and featues than any paid host. Let me ask you - who in the right frame of mind would throw away USD 2-3000 every month after a free service - when all that money could go to his own pockets to help him live a thoroughly lavish life !! Is he doing that ?? NO - instead he decides to "waste" most of that money into maintaining these feature-rich, AD-free hosting services.. The $$ he makes from the ADs don't even contribute to 2% of the cost he incurs in running these.

????My point is that, instead of grumbling for more space and bandwidth and your so-called "dream host" you should give due credits to where its required and respect this person's efforts at providing you with such a beautiful webhosting service.

????Don't for a moment think that this outburst is because I'm an admin here. I don't get even an inch of extra leverage because of that. My hosting facilities are exactly the same as any given member here. This job is entirely voluntary and because of my long standing membership here. I came as a commoner and still as a commoner. I don't enjoy any special privileges because of my position - but still, what really pique me off most are comments like this. Over the past few years I've seen this guy at work - seen him through ups & downs and really low phases where he's lost out nearly 6 figure amounts on this free-hosting service. But he's never lost heart and carried on with far more courage that any of us could sum up during such massive financial losses. He didn't let us suffer in any way for all these upheavals or let us feel it in the slightest - even for once.

[tab]So give all due respect & admiration to such a selfless act and STOP SPEAKING SUCH BLOODY USELESS CRAP FOR GOD'S SAKE :P

maybe you`re right ... but i`m not going to give up ... ;) :)i still search for a free web hosting like that maybe i will find .... Xisto it`s good provider for web hosting ... and for what i need...so thanks a lot for your opinion... ;) and sorry for my englesh ... (i`m from romania) ... :P bye all and keep making credits :P)

I'm looking for a free web hosting in oder to place a little (very little) shop.I planned to do with osCommerce, as is the only shop I found is free.BUT, I can't find any free web hosting that gives php, mysql, password protection for the admin directory and no ads, or at least only a little bottom ad.Anybody have any idea or can help?

I'm looking for a free web hosting in oder to place a little (very little) shop.I planned to do with osCommerce, as is the only shop I found is free.

BUT, I can't find any free web hosting that gives php, mysql, password protection for the admin directory and no ads, or at least only a little bottom ad.

Anybody have any idea or can help?

Our very own host meets each and every of your criteria plus more. But our hosting isn't really FREE in the correct sense - as in you pay for it by maintaining a steady rate of posts on our forums. A little bit of your time every week - that's the price you pay.

We've several such services under our ring (Xisto Corporation). Xisto is one of them - but your posts need to be as related to computing as possible and very informative and fact-filled, without beind SPAMs.

On the other hand, our sister site Xisto.Com deals with the lighter side of life. Their forums are much easier to post to and thus maintain your hosting credits. They offer exactly same hosting plans as us.

Your third option is Xisto.Net - where you get less features, but you don't need to post anywhere. That one is AD Supported - so an ad will be displayed on your site.

Take your pick :P

Freehosts are free... so what can you really ask for? If a free host has smtp access and maybe no banner I'm happy enough to be honest. Oh, and of course it has to support scripts :D

Even just a year ago there seemed to be more options for free hosting. The number of sites offering good deals without any ads is very small.At least, that's what it seems to me from searching the past couple days. Could be the problem is the search engine. Google tends to offer up more and more junk and less focused results. Could be the web just has more and more junk. But I digress.One important factor is the ability to go from free to paid and have decent support. From the comments I've seen so far, it appears Xisto has the goods and can deliver.