xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kraizii88z

New Post

A Teeny Question:Why do people design sites to be technlogically advanced just to show off a few skills rather than designing a site that really grasps the idea of it? My first site was a table of Links & an image & it wasn't techinally proficient, & it was totally unique, tho. it had character & people loved it:: It didn't look like a lame template.. -Just wundering...

A Question:

Why do people design sites to be technlogically advanced just to show off a few skills rather than designing a site that really grasps the idea ofit?

My first site was just a table of Links & an image & people loved it. It was a fansite that i was pasionate about & i think that showed up in the design..

-just wundering

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Welcome to the illusive world of beauty.

What looks good, attracts more, but doesn't have to be useful

No offense to anyone who is planning to do that with their site, but I think it's just a waste of time. I'd rather create something that would be useful and would attract a lot of people to come to my site.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i think its all the new software you can use to design a site, graphic editors, animations etc, it seems that by the time you get your head around one program a new version is released with more features, therefore more and better content added to a site. :)

i think its all the new software you can use to design a site, graphic editors, animations etc, it seems that by the time you get your head around one program a new version is released with more features, therefore more and better  content added to a site.  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I personally get annoyed by all the flashes, animations etc. But appearently these things are getting very popular.

One more thng that all webmaster should understand is that, there are are a lot of surfer surfing over a 56K dial up. I have a high speed for quite a time, but still remember the speed of dial ups.

I personally get annoyed by all the flashes, animations etc. But appearently these things are getting very popular.

One more thng that all webmaster should understand is that, there are are a lot of surfer surfing over a 56K dial up. I have a high speed for quite a time, but still remember the speed of dial ups.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i dont mind seeing them myself but i think too much animation on a site takes the focus off the main content, i think its off-putting when your trying to read the content but get distracted by animations flying across the screen.

Well all depends what we are talk about, the best way is simplicity and niceness.For example if I create a website for a bussiness company, we must know clearly what'sthe purpourse of the company and don't distract the attention with thousands of graphics and animations, this just make the user get lose and frustrated. Let say, I'm searching info about x product, so I check the homepage of company,if I get a 5 minutes flash movieintro , click and close, because i get bored,and search another company, because i'm not seeking graphics, i'm seeking informationabout something, just i want to know where's the information, prices and how tocontact nothing more, nothing less. Well either we have to leave aside the desing, but it has to be clear and intuitive in order to the user come quickly to information in apleasant way.