xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

2nd level .name TLD get your lastname.name before its gone

NIC started .name TLDs a few years ago. And were only releasing it as eitherfirstname.lastname.name ORlastname.firstname.nameSince 14th Jan this year, they started rolling out 2nd level .name doamins. Whch means now you can get *.lastname.name OR *.firstname.name.This is very useful for personal names which are already taken in most popular .com TLD. Get yours before someone takes your lastname.Before 14th Jan 2004, blocking *.lastname.name could have cost you few thousand dollars. But now its available just like any other regular domain.Imagine you email addr as firstname@lastname.nameAnd your web site as lastname.nameYou probably can also host it here (Admin correct me if I'm wrong about hosting it here)

NIC started .name TLDs a few years ago. And were only releasing it as either

firstname.lastname.name OR

lastname.firstname.name

Since 14th Jan this year, they started rolling out 2nd level .name doamins. Whch means now you can get *.lastname.name OR *.firstname.name.

This is very useful for personal names which are already taken in most popular .com TLD. Get yours before someone takes your lastname.

Before 14th Jan 2004, blocking *.lastname.name could have cost you few thousand dollars. But now its available just like any other regular domain.

Imagine you email addr as firstname@lastname.name

And your web site as lastname.name

You probably can also host it here (Admin correct me if I'm wrong about hosting it here)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Any link on this .name thingy

I would like to get my hands on one as such .. :)

Huh? what the hell!? Are you saying First level .name domains aren't available?? Thats nonsense! How did I get straven.name then? I fully own that domain and it was only $6.99...sorry if I digested it the wrong way :)....

Huh? what the hell!? Are you saying First level .name domains aren't available?? Thats nonsense! How did I get straven.name then? I fully own that domain and it was only $6.99...sorry if I digested it the wrong way :)....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Eric .. but i still do not c that site of your's ... is my browser not working or is ur site not yet hosted .. :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Kid, do google before you post. First level domain would be .name only. None of of the first level domain is available.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ha.

You probably fall into the same category as OpaQue (thats why he made you moderator). 2nd level straven.name is still available.