xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
chickenside

Changing your IP?

ok, in short-dynamic ip: mostly the ones you get from your internet provider or in your school/company network. situation: you have 500 computers but only 255 ip adresses. but there are never more than 150 people using a computer at the same time. then you can use dhcp: an ip adress can be attached to any computer.-fixed ip: for servers. they have to have the same ip all the time so you can always find them back and dns records don't have to change every timeyou can change your ip by just reconnecting or if you want a certain ip, you can try this: (for windows)-go to start -> config panel -> network connections-rightclick on your internet connection, choose properties-in the first tab, search for the 'tcp/ip' entrie en choose properties again-then you choose the 'use fixed ip' option and enter an ip adress but please keep in mind that most internet providers won't allow you to do this. this will probably only work in your own private network. you can try to use a fixed ip with your provider, but if the ip you normally get from your provider is something like a.b.c.d, don't try a e.f.g.h adress. try something like: a.b.c.x, where x is a random number between 2 and 254

If you are on a dialup connection your ip changes each time you connect to the internet (by a few digits). If you are on cable(adsl) you ip is the same all the time and if you want to make a chnage to your ip your isp can change it if you ring them up or you can get a proxy.
Goto http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ and copy one of the proxies from the list and then goto your browsers properties and editi your connection settings and select use a proxy and paste the server in all ftp, http and so on.. proxies. You can check whether you have appplied your proxy correctly becaus your ip will have changed, their is a tool at http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ where you can check your proxy.
Your ip and all other ip properties should change if you applied the proxy correctly.

How can i stop people from using my IP assigned to my client machineChanging your IP?

I have a serious problem I am trying to address. People issue ips without my knowledge on my LAN is there anything I can do to stop this people from doing so ?

-reply by Francis Lithur

guys i play toon town and im getting banned for my ipChanging your IP?

How do I change my ip adress for a game srsly? I get ban in every 1 minute O_O

-reply by awesomegirl