xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
honeycomb

what web programming language is best? what web programming language is best?

what web programming language is best?  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

PHP would have to get my vote. Its fast and easy. ASP.NET is powerful if you are running a server based on windows with .NET 1.1. There are so many things you can do with integrating your website with a desktop application.

I voted PHP. I dont know, if it is the best, but I know of my own experience that it is quite easy to understand it.All the commands can be always called without referencing to objects.I tried to use ASP, but it is very exacting for a performance of a server.I am recommending PHP to you!

Its depends what are you using the programming language for.Perl is very fast and has proved to be faster than PHP. So it is usually suited for people who want to perform more processor intensive tasks which are related to handling data ( like searching large text files ).JSP is also very fast. I dont know much about this one but once the scripts are compiled, the things are very fast and gives better performance. Some people do complain regarding the server load etc.. ASP. A very nice and powerful technology from Microsoft. I really hate coding asp. It is quite diffrent from others.. The Database connectivity procedure are a bit diffrent. I can't comment on the speed and performance because I got no idea. I heard that it does not provide support to connect to wide number of database as php does. Well, Once should also not forget that ASP requires MS IIS server which is quite expensive than Apache servers.PHP, Very easy and fast. It is perfect for people who are alone and code all by themselves because, unlike perl, you save time on small and general scripts like parsing input data etc. Provides a wide range of connectivity to many types of database. It is opensource and installation is easy. ( My choice )Coldfusion is not listed, but I would still like to comment on this one. I have used this language too. I dont remember the software I used to write the scripts.. but I was quite amazed to see that some tags in the scripting language were replaced by equivalent Javascript. I was very much excited to learn this but I dropped it because of the limited no. of servers which support CF. I coded for a month.. ( just for curosity ) about 2-3 years back. I have used all the above languages except JSP, and would like to recommend PHP for people who want to start coding. Before PHP became my fav. language, I used Perl. But as I used to get sick of writing basic codes, I shifted to PHP. If you already know Perl, Learning php will hardly take 2 hours.

I vote for perl. For me, perl was easier to learn than php for some odd reason.HEre are my reasons for likeing perl.1. Knowing perl is a lot more impressive ;-).2. Perl has a camel.3. It makes sense to me.