xisto Community
Nisshutsu

Best Ad Placement on a Website

get advertising thats per impression and then place it on the bottom of the page no matter what you'll make money if the page is visited.

But provided you have a lot of traffics to your site. Sometimes putting pay per click is more profitable for low traffic site if you know how and where to put your ads. Just a thoughts. :P

I think the vertical tower ads are the best way, they are seen and at the same time they are not annoying the visitors.
(Just like we have em there on that forum) ;-))

Yes, tower ad works best in most of the times.
But you have to blend the color of your site with the ad design so people will not annoyed with ads.
There is a concept of "ad blindness", which means due to accessive ads on the internet visitors tend to ignore ads, just like we ignore tv commercials. If you make the ad design smartly blended with the web scheme people may click more so you will get more money.
Edited by muztagh (see edit history)

If you must you should put them under your top banner and (if pressent) your top link bar. Also near the bottem above the copyright. It really depends on your forum layout though. I wouldn't recomend in the center of a page because it doesn't look very good in my opinion. I suggest not getting ads unless you get a lot of visits on your site. Otherwise you will make very little and just make your website look bad. Most sites only make money if they get 1 million hits in a month. This also depends on how many people click/view the ads and if they are relevent.Hope this helps,Sparkx