xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Skuld

The Sims 2!

HI All, Personally I love all of the Sims Series so getting Sim2 was always going to happen. I'm normally into battle games, but the Sims2 is a nice change. Man, what can I say? It's great, it really is. Everyone loves it in my house. The graphics are great and the way that the sims age etc. really shows how much care and though has gone into the production of the game. You always know if the game has been well though out, and the Sims2 has been planned with pinpoint precision. I love it and personally I don't think it will ever get boaring. (Maybe a little frustrating though - it's so edictive and I seem to find my self up to the early hours glued to the screen.) Sean.

I've always loved sims, ever since I was around 12/13 when it first came out. YEARS ago. When sims 2 came out, it was great, but I had kinda grown out of playing it religiously... but I still loved it. The improvements were astounding! Especially the flexibility with camera angles and the ability to edit the smallest of facial features, in order to create the precise look you want for a sim. That's always fun.But with the new expansion pack, University, I love it to death but I've found a few things that really annoy me.For one, the fact that you cant turn off aging - because the 'semesters' still run and you still havta do exams and finish the year and all that jazz. Which means you can only stay in the 'university' and the dorms and all that for only 4 sim years... which is NOT long. Its like... 6 sim days for a year 2 pass by. I dont play sims to have them grow old and stuff, I have them just for the fun of playing cool, young lives. What's the point of university if you havta get kicked out after only a few days of game play. That really bugs me. The other thing that bugs me is that the 'young adult' sims cant use the clothing of adult sims, and there is hardly as much downloads for young adult sims out there as there are for normal adults. The expansion pack didnt even convert all of the original 'adult' clothes, so theres not much choice there.Yeah, that's just what I think. Maybe I'm spending too much time playing games :D

I always find it amusing how Sims and Sims 2 is so popular. I mean basically it's just watching someone do meager tasks that we ourselves do on a daily basis. (When we're not on the computer playing the Sims that is.) It's strange how we're attracted by the aspect of being something like a 'Big Brother' watching over other peoples eyes and being Godly in decisions with thier lives. I guess it's just one of the human conditions. We're attracted to power, and The Sims lets us control peoples lives... literally! Wild how humans are attracted to the strangest things. Next thing you'll see a game called "The Janitor" where you get to be a Janitor for a day and clean up other peoples garbage, or have the option of playing the crafty kids who surprise the janitor and throw crud at him! Or perhaps be the garbage men and build up your strength as you attempt to lift that old couch and put it in the back of the truck! Oh humanity!

i want the sims 2 :lol: are there tons of expansion packs for it like the regular sims? i have sims mega deluxe.. too poor to buy the new one now.... and also, is sims university an expansion pack for the sims 2 or is it something separate?

It's quite a good game, I go buy it in a few weeks when I've got some more money :lol: . I hope their will be soon some more expansion packs for the Sims 2, just like for the Sims. There's only one expansion at the moment for so far as I know for the Sims 2.-=jeroen=-

thats very true. the sims can get almost boring on its own, except for the small voice in the back of your head telling you that there will soon be an expansion with many cool item and emotions on them...dont get me wrong, the sims is like one of my favorite games ever. but...you know.

I must admit too many EPs were released for TS1. Hopefully TS2 won't be the same, but they seem just to be remaking EPs. Doesn't Nightlife look like Hot Date?The EPs took up all of my old PCs HDD up, I had to get a new one!

The Sims 2, the second version of the original sims makes the game more realistic. Graphics are very noticably improved. Wall textures, clothes, people and objects are more detailed in this version of Sims. The limitation to what a sim can do or can't do has been increased. The build mode however is not changed dramatically from the expansions of the original Sims like Hot Date and House Party. There is more inventory to buy. This version is a good deal to buy though expansion packs must improve it further to make a major impact. The improvements do let the player do many many more things but for a second version of a game which has had expansions which themselves have made an equal contribution to the development of the game. I personally feel, this version is as good as an expansion because it hasn't changed as much as i had predicted it to be.

doesn't the sims 2 have 2 expansion packs now? i'm an avid sims player, but i've only played the sims 2 a few times... i've been having problems with my pc... i can tell that a lot of you dislike too many EPs, but do you guys think that this 2nd edition of the game will have as many EPs as the first?

yeah, expansion packs tend to keep the game interesting.Another part that keeps people playing is the sims2 site with all the downloads and objects you can download for free. Plus with all the people playing it, you together figure out all these new things you can do on the sims2 and you share your stories and movies, etc.I just love playing sims2 :P