xisto Community
soleimanian

Is your System work slowly?

one way to speed up your computer (if you have an old one) is to get a shell replacement. In the system.ini file, you change the line "shell=explorer.exe" to another program. On my old 486 (which had windows 98 on it), to make it faster, i set the shell to "shell=progman.exe" which loads Program Manager from Windows 3.1 (yes it still exists in windows 98 and even in xp!). This made my 486 much, much faster since it only had 16mb of memory and explorer was taking up all of it (whereas progman.exe only takes up ~300kb) :)

how about cleaning those registries? this would help too to make your system more efficient and faster.

i don't use any spyware or firewall to make my pc running faster... and i remove spywares with hijackthis.

too bad...merijin ended his support for this program...

If my system runs slowly i do only few things to improve the speed:1. Clean the registry...You think it's not usefull but you must know what to remove. Just run "regedit" and search a uninstalled program or deleted files or something unneccesary and remove them.2. Using regedit find the startup folder and delete the programs that you don't want to start.3. If it doesn't help check for a virus with kaspersky...It is not very sure that you will find anything but just try.4. Nothing helps....Take the OS CD and reinstall....If you are not agree tell me to discuss this..