xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
soleimanian

Take Care About Your Monitor

Wow do u know that magnets near any electonic device is dangerous ? even magnet near humans can cause abnormalities cause iron is everywhere even in humans.

I don't think magnets hurt the monitor it will warp it into many pretty colors :) but most moitors have a degauss feature that returns the monitor to an unmagnitized state. WARNING magnets hurt hard drives, floppy drives, vcr tapes and any other magnetic storage devices permanently. Don't get your 50 pound subwoofer around your computer.But the monitors with speakers mounted on the side are not going to break, the speakers are either so small they don't interfere with the electron tube in the monitor, or the speakers are magneticly shielded.

take care about your monitor

do you know below magnetic devices are dangerous for your monitor? :)

printer,scanner,phone,Cassette recorder, :)

Take away your monitor from these devices. :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My Printer, Scanner and Phone is just about inches away from my monitor. Maybe you are talking about a specific monitor? :P You didn't say why it was dangerous... May I know why? b01, how would an LCD be good to your health? :P

Well it depends the type of device that you have beside monitor... if you have a scanner, printer and they have right norms of security and radiation, they must not have problems, but if you put a device near the monitor and you will see some changes or strange behaviors like change of color, just move away this device.and yeah why lcd monitor take care about health, all my life I have used crt monitors and still I see..... I think so. :) ... they are dangerus? :) I never heard that..

If the speakers have shielded magnets, it's fine. You'll be able to tell by the distorted image on your monitor if magnets are near by.What annoys me is that you can't have any electronic motors anywhere near monitors (like fans, pencil sharpeners, etc) because they will make the picture jiggle. I don't know that it will damage the screen, but it sure is irritating!

The electric motor works with magnetic fields, they have bobines inside, when you apply a currect to this device create an electromagnetic field which is principle to move the motor, and that can hurt the monitor, keep it away from everything related to pc, harddisk, diskettes, etc.

Another improtant factor about taking care of your monitor is monitor gamma correction. If gamma is not configured properly, all the pictures looks darker.Before correcting my montior' gamma, all of my digital pictures were dark. After correcting gamma, they look just like on the LCD of camera.In case you are wondering how to do gamma corretion. Just do a quick google for monitor gamma correction.