xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

doom 3

has anyone played doom 3 yet. I have been playing it and it is awesome. really looking forweard to playing some folks online.???Justin

I played doom 3. In my opinion it sucks *bottom*. The graphic engine is very complex and takes lots of system memory. Graphics itself are poorly designed and the environment is barely interactive, unlike HL2. Game itself if very repetative and there is only few kinds of monsters. Multiplayer sucks with 4 players and it has alot of lag even with all players using broadband. When the server changes playerlimit to 5 or more (up to 8) it lags like crazy. My opinion is GET HALF-LIFE 2. i finished single player and its awesome and requires 1/2 system resources and runs 4x better than doom 3 while having breakthrough grahpics

I have played it and tho I find the graphics to be great, I rather enjoyed the old style point and shoot of it in the older versions. Why didn't they just change the "story line" and give it a new name? I mean, it's nothing like the others, so why go there?

Basically, don't play Doom3 for multiplayer. Thats really not what it was designed for. It was meant to be a single player or Co-op romp. The gameplay does get a bit repetitive, but then again, the idea is that you are a marine blasting demons from hell. So, its no surprise that what you do is run around with guns and *gasp* blast demons from hell. Its a fun game the first time through, just make sure that this is what you are expecting. Anyway, I enjoyed it.

Yah i agree with previous post. Quake 3 is still one of my all time favs in the online mode, but doom 3 was great for single player. My roommate and I were both playing doom 3 (single player) there for awhile and we both really enjoyed it. Very nice grafix and finally beat it over a period of about 2 weeks or so. MULTIPLAYER was fun for like a lan game. But as far as going into depth on the multi part...it's just lacking. Unless a mod comes out soon that introduces something different.can't wait til quake 4 :D prob need new grafix card b4 then lol. ^_^

I really liked it (but i scratched the disk all up :) :) ) The gameplay incredibly frightening. Its fun to play it in the dark :P I always have to take a little break after a while because I just get so scared. They use music and sound perfectly.I just bought a new computer around the day it came out and the graphics weren't too good. Multiplayer isn't that good either. The only gametype is deathmatch and I think you can only have four people. I experienced some really bad lag which I usually never get. but it may have been the server I was on.If you are looking for a really frightening and thrilling FPS game I would recommend it