xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kilz

review my site hosted on my slow computer

Ok first off the color scheme is bad. Red, bvlack and green dont mix. But your content is actually very good. and if its hosted on your slow comp it runs very quick. What do you use as your CPanel as I am thinking of building a free server?

Also you have pop ups on your aite as windows keeps blocking them, bad move these do turn people away.

Overall 5/10

Ok first off the color scheme is bad. Red, bvlack and green dont mix. But your content is actually very good. and if its hosted on your slow comp it runs very quick. What do you use as your CPanel as I am thinking of building a free server?

Also you have pop ups on your aite as windows keeps blocking them, bad move these do turn people away.

Overall 5/10

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yes, the website is hosted on my computer before.

my computer's speed: 501 mhz cpu, 64 mb ram, 10gd harddisk.

but now, the website has been moved to a fast server with 4 2.8e cpu, 2Gb ram, 120 gb harddisk. since yesterday.

the server is good, however, some error @ my php script. I don't know why.

their php version is 4.3.8, mysql 4.0.20, apache 1.3.31, unix server.

mince is 4.3.7, mysql 4.0.20, apache 1.3.31, windows system.

but copy(), and some of the function from php is not working at their server.

please help. I'm stuck.

Hi KilzHave to say I am quite impressed with your site. I would give it a 7/10 for the content. I have a spare computer and was wondering what is involved in setting up a server to host a website?

1) Go get a new computer.2) Redesign the site.3) Use something like LDU or PHP Nuke.Your site should be good after that. If you change the font to Arial or something and change the red to green, the site should look decent.

The speed is excellent. The bad thing is the color. In my opinion, If you change to light color, it will give you better result. No one says warz/crack site must me in dark color. Can you teach us how to build a server? Are you using IIS?

Overall 5/10

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think u should either get rid of the blue or the green, don't keep both.

I actually like your site. It seems very organized & u have a lot of content. Good job.

erm... i got not much to say but like everyone... color scheme was bad... i would like to ask whether is u who do all the php coding yourself out from scratch? if tat so i really think tats excellent off you... :) color really haunt this site... other den tat... its fantastic...