xisto Community
sheepdog

Ireland Garden

Thought Demon Boy would like this one.

Thursday I took a run by the post office to check my mail box, it's always stuffed full of junk, sale flyers and the like, but I find all that junk useful as I run it threw my paper shredder and use it for shipping pups, the shredded paper really works well for keeping them clean in transit. I usually take my handful of junk over to one of the tables to sort threw it on the odd chance their is anything important in it, which there virtually never is, but while I'm sorting threw it I also eyeball the trash can next to the table and usually grab a few extra newspaper type adds to supplement my stash for paper shredding. Much to my delight, there was a copy of Organic Gardening in the trash can, so I snatched that up too. I used to subscribe to that magazine years ago and was very fond of it, but haven't seen it in quite some time, the dogs keep me too busy to consider doing very much gardening.

Anyway I thought of Demon Boy when I say an article in the magazine about Kylemore Abby in Ireland. It had pictures of the Abby itself, and all the gardens around it. It is absolutely spectacular! Wonder if you've ever had the opportunity to see it? It was built in the 1860's, and is on a 15,000 acre historical site. The article gives some of the Abby's history and the pictures of the gardens and stone work are really wonderful. Might be worth a trip to see it if you haven't.

sorry to say i have not SD, I Have not got past the Province of Ulster yet and i have lived on this Island all my life,

maybe someday i might get around to it, i have being to Castles though, thanks for thinking of me, maybe someday you will get around this way and the see the great places including castles, gardens, etc, for yourself,

Yes, maybe someday, but I'm not holding my breath. There is actually a lot of this country I've never seen, let alone get started on the rest of the world. I just thought it was really pretty and loved the look of the castle. Pretty cool to look at, though I'd hate to have their heating bill in the winter!

We finally got a decently warm day today, a lot of that nasty snow melted away, now we have lots of nasty mud. I did at least manage to finish the last of the pruning on my fruit trees today. Should of had that done last month, but oh well, it's finally finished. Now I'm sore and hurting all over.

i know what you mean SD, I Had a look at the website when you mentioned it and it was lovely,

i have not went off the island yet (and have not seen most of it) first place i am going is Great Britain hopefully this summer,

we had a lovely sunny day today also but it is cold and fogy out there tonight, as for your fruit trees i know nothing about that sort thing,

the only thing i ever grew in my life is Shoe size and my hair lol oh and aubergine (Eggplant) for school

LOL, shoe size and hair, that's a good line!

Well, as if I wasn't already sick enough of winter, we are getting more snow today. how depressing.

I've been looking for Luffa seed (dishrag gourd) to get started, it has a long growing season and needs to be started indoors, now I can't find any anywhere. I did find one off my plant from year before last, and managed to dig a few seeds out of it, but I don't know if it's a hybrid and will grow from seed from the previous year. I'm keeping my fingers crossed on that one.

My Luffa's from the goard I saved still haven't sprouted, I'm rapidly loosing all hope. Though the temperatures in the house have not been all that stable. It's mostly been warm but pretty cold overnight. Since propane is nearly $5 a gallon I refused to buy anymore when we ran out a few weeks ago. Hubby hasn't been feeling all that great and cutting firewood is becoming quite a challenge for the both of us. I loaded some up this morning that he had just cut and it near killed me. I am constantly reminded of the old saying, "If I knew I was going to live this long I would of taken better care of myself."

We made a trip to the big city a few days ago, and I looked for a package of luffa seed but there was none to be had anywhere. Very discouraging. I did pick up some seed starter flats. Have decided to start in the house a bunch of low growing yellow marigolds to put in a row along the outside edge of my flower bed, think it will add a nice touch. But since the flower bed is 193 feet long it's going to take a lot of little plants, even if they are just spaced one foot apart. Haven't even started hauling manure to the flower bed yet, though the hired man filled up one of our little wagons we have that we pull behind the 4 wheeler yesterday. Was going to try to spread it today but after loading wood and fighting a crazy goat into the barn to milk I'm just too tired today. Still have to make a run to the vets for a health certificate for a puppy I'm shipping out this week.