xisto Community
Bash

Disappointed With Cs Source Performance

Running 1.6, I can get as high as 150 fps and average on a map like dust around 100. On CS Source, my computer won't hardly handle it. I've dropped as low as 11 fps on some maps with rain falling. I've set everything in the graphic settings just about as low as it can go and even overclocked my machine a little but it still sucks.You would think an AMD 2800 Barton +, with 512 2700 DDR, and an ATI 9600 pro would handle it, but that doesn't seem to be the case. The best I can get on the built in stress test is 82 fps.

Running 1.6, I can get as high as 150 fps and average on a map like dust around 100. On CS Source, my computer won't hardly handle it. I've dropped as low as 11 fps on some maps with rain falling. I've set everything in the graphic settings just about as low as it can go and even overclocked my machine a little but it still sucks.

You would think an AMD 2800 Barton +, with 512 2700 DDR, and an ATI 9600 pro would handle it, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

The best I can get on the built in stress test is 82 fps.

56142[/snapback]

The ATI is your problem, they don't handle OpenGL very well - get a real 'Nvidia' card and you'll be set :D