xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Spathi

Just Sick Of It All.....

meh, this forum's meant for venting, may as well make the best of it :D

I'm getting basicly sick of everything going on in my life (or, rather, everything not going on in my life). ever since a bit before i turned 8 years old, i've been home schooled, and basicly i've only had a few freinds since thanks to it. i was in public school for pre-school, kindergarden, 1st and second grade, but since then it's been home schooled. right now i'm 15, and i'm STILL being home schooled.

I'm frikken tired of it. i'm sick of being prettymuch forced to be in front of my PC all day or hovering over some god forsaken 100 year old book about some guy from the civil war that i otherwise wouldent have ever heard about. the first few years of being home schooled were alright. when my family moved to the current street we live on, there were various other kids in the imediate area, and everything was going smoothly social-life wise. but by around the time i turned 12, most had either moved away or were hardly ever seen by me, and when i turned 14 everyone i once knew i was either on rather unfreindly terms with or had moved away. so, for the last year or so (just turned 15, woopy doo, one year closer to death), i've been doing nothing but sit in front of my PC playing videogames, interacting with my fellow lifeless nerds across the internet, and various things like that.

I'm sick of it. I've tried to convince my parents, god knows how many times, to let me go back to public school. i am so damn sick of being home schooled. and to add insult to injury, my parents are VERY overprotective. i'm not even allowed to leave the damned street i live on, and i'm 15! :D

Now, to make things even worse, it's about as unberable as it gets in home. My dad's a pretty cool person, but unfortunantly he works nights, so he's asleep during the day just about all the time. My mom is occasionaly cool, but every other bit of the time she's an overprotective, biased, side-taking control freak. she's one of those people that, for example, wants one of those TV-style beutifull backyards, but isnt willing to do it herself and attempts to make me do it. now, moving on to my little brother. Take every annoying possible thing, like annoying and loud breathing, annoying voice, won't freaking shut the hell up, constantly talks about crap that i couldent even begin to give half a crap about and won't shut the hell up about it, uses the most pathetic insults i heard back in kindergarten, won't frikken leave me alone, always has my mom on his side, won't keep his frikken nose to his own business yet *BLEEP*es when people even begin to go in to his (little hypocritic piece of crap), and to make things worse, i can't even stand to LOOK at him, if he comes in to the room, if it's my bedroom i tell him to get the hell out before i even hear what he has to say, and if it's in the living room i put a pillow up so i don't have to see him. Yes, i hate him just that much. He ALWAYS asks the STUPIDEST questions, and he KNOWS their stupid questions and he KNOWS he's doing it PURPOSLY. he is annoying, he is retarded, and i hate every last bit of him and i can't freaking wait for him to piss off the wrong person and either find a bullet in his atom-sized brain or a knife in his stomach, or better yet, his chest. he frikken drives me up the walls daily, i HATE him more than ANYTHING or ANYONE else. if i were given a choice to brutaly murdur either Osama or my brother, hands down i'd pick my brother (sorry if that offends anyone besides my brother, but thats just how much i hate him). Hell, not long ago my parents were planning to take us on a trip to Disneyland, or almost any other theme park in California, and i was VERY quick to scream "NO!", 99% because i didn't want to be around my brother, 0.5% because i hate traveling, and 0.5% because Disney is stupid.

When we were all young, we were lead to beleive that being a teenager was supposedly the best time of your life. Going to parties, hanging out with groups of freinds, and so forth. what a bunch of BS it all was. i'm sick of it all. theres NOTHING i wouldent give short of my life to go back to the days when i was 3 years old, and my greatest concern was where i left my candy bar. no brother, no real concerns, none of that crap. back in the days where digging in the dirt, making mudballs, and being under a box was the greatest fun imagineable. i miss those days, i truely do. the only pleasure i have these days is sleeping, since i get to escape from reality and live any fantasy i desire. even my quite frequent nightmares are better than my reality.

well, that'll do for my venting.

And what a vent that was Spathi! I feel sorry for you. There are a lot of benefits going to a real school. I went to a Catholic private school in high school and I made a lot of friends. You don't feel as confined as being at home. Does your brother do home-schooling too? About your brother bit, I don't always like mine but we shouldn't be wishing for something bad to happen to them like getting stabbed or shot. Just a suggestion.Hope things turn out for the best for you. :D

And what a vent that was Spathi!  I feel sorry for you.  There are a lot of benefits going to a real school.  I went to a Catholic private school in high school and I made a lot of friends.  You don't feel as confined as being at home. 

Does your brother do home-schooling too?  About your brother bit, I don't always like mine but we shouldn't be wishing for something bad to happen to them like getting stabbed or shot. Just a suggestion.

Hope things turn out for the best for you. :D

56110[/snapback]

yea, my bro's homeschooled as well. he's been homeschooled since kindergarten. i'm prettymuch stuck around him untill schools out, in which case i'm in my room before anyone probaly notices i'm gone.

i don't like my brother one bit. he's 11 right now, and he STILL acts like a 5 year old. i've hated him ever since the first week he was born. don't think me some psychotic killer or anything, my brother is the -only- person i hate this much, so i don't think i'm psycho :D

Hey Spathi i feel sorry for you. Just as there is a great and a nasty side to public school, there's a great and, in your case, a bad side to homeschooling as well.well i was homeschooled as well, in fact, me and my 7 siblings are all homeschooled, and, to the credit of my parents, i can say there was never a dull moment in our schooling. we've all taken grade equivalency tests, and scored several grades higher than we should have. i think my homeschooled life gave me a jumpstart, and through learning from that, and studying afterwards from manuals, i'm now quite proficient in graphics & design, woodworking, culinary arts, electronic repair, & motor repair---to name some of them. my brother, with no other schooling than home schooling to a high-school level, has come out in the top 5 of hundreds of applicants for a scholarship to some high-level IT stuff..unfortunately, that's not one of my talents, so i wouldn't know the exact names. anyways, i guess it just goes to show that there are 2 sides to every coin. i do hope it gets better for you somehow, & will keep u in my prayers. :D

I can relate, a bit, to what you are going through. I've never been home-schooled and probably wouldn't have minded it so much. But I also have a very, very obnoxious little brother, well, younger anyhow. He's actually bigger than I am, heighth and gurth wise. We are almost 2 years apart in age and he's followed me around asking questions, making noises and getting into my business for over a decade. I understand how truely annoying it is. But on the other hand, I would protect my brother from anything if I could. Sure, I want to strangle him at times. That's simply they way brothers are towards each other, for the most part. As for the home-schooling. I probably would have liked it more than attending public school. I never liked going to school and being around a few hundred thousand kids I didn't know. I was never a big socializer and probably never will be. In fact, I had an anxiety attack on a regular bases while attending public school. I even have a few gray hairs to proove that fact. I prefer being by myself, it's nice to have the quiet. But I can understand your frustration... For someone like myself it's a dream come true, but for someone who actually wants to meet people and make new friends, it would be a nightmare come to life. I hope that things begin to get better for you and that you might be able to convince your parents that you truely want to attend public schools. As for your younger brother, I'm sure you will grow to love him. Right now, he's a pest and you probably truely do hate him. But as you get older, you will come to appreciate having a younger brother. It doesn't seem likely to happen now, but trust me in that fact. I felt the exact same way about my younger brother as you do now. It passes...