xisto Community
sheepdog

Sunny California?

I can't explain it, but every single time we get to take a vacation and head to the otherwise normal sunny and warm state, it turns colder than a witches *BLEEP* in a brass bra. Never fails. It's colder here today than it is back home. So so much for getting a chance to wear the shorts and tank tops I brought along hoping to catch a little sunshine on my pale white winter hide. Other than that I'm having a pretty good time. Laying around doing as little as I can get by with, reading books, yesterday we went to one of the swap meets we like so well. I was hoping to be a complete lazy bones, but I checked in here at Xisto and discovered I had less than $2 in hosting credits. I was hoping to be able to ignore this computer but that isn't going to happen now. I need to get them back up while I"m out here, because once I get home I will be so busy catching things up that I won't have time to be here either. I will have all the regular routine stuff to do, catching up puppy shots and wormings and deliveries to make that I can't do right now. And January is the month I need to do our tree prunning. We have quite a few fruit trees and nut trees that need to be worked over while they are dorment. So, how's the world treating everybody else?

If sunny California gets any hotter, it could start more forest fires, so if its colder, it is a nicer thing in the summers though the winters aren't getting any more bearable. I've been indoors through the summer heat that goes to a soaring 45 degrees celcius and although it seems rather hot and when you think just about nothing good can come out of it, it does help keep away pesky creepy crawlies because they cannot bear temperatures nearing 50 degrees celcius for more than a few hours. They are cold blooded, so they do not have any way to regulate their body temperatures so when it gets freezing outside, they get frozen but we do not, and when it gets extremely hot, they get cooked inside-out but we do not.Running out of hosting credits is one thing that gets people back to the forum, and that's probably something that can get easier when we can transfer hosting credits between accounts for bartering. Think of it as a market place. So, when you are on a vacation, you lend someone some credits, and when you are headed back, you can return them back... or maybe give something else in exchange.

Well, finally home from vacation. I had planed to keep up more while I was out there, but honestly, my sister in laws computer is just awful, not only does it act strange, it's hard for me to even type on it, the keyboard sits flat, and mine at home is sitting in a desk drawer that is just pulled out a little bit so the keyboard sits in it at a slight angle and it way easier for me to type on it. I didn't realize we still could trade or give away hosting credits. I thought that was done away with a long time ago in one of the forum updates, or when it changed from Trap 17 to Xisto????It did finally warm up out there before we left, and boy did we come home to the deep freeze, it's like 10 here today. Makes me feel dumb about whining cause it was only 50 out there. Anyway, I did get rested up, though I'm sure going to pay for it now. Had over 300 emails to wade threw, all the pups need shots, and January just got away from me before I had a chance to even start my tree prunning, so that has got put off till this month. At least the goats won't start kidding until the end of March or the first of April, so I don't have that looming over my head at least right away.