xisto Community
infotronix

Your Opensource All In One Ftp,sftp,ssh, Webdav,google Drive ,even Amazon S3 Browser.

CyberduckThere a little amount of software that offrs you this type of features at free.But today i am gonna discuss about the best fee tool that not only support the most of your daily needs , also help you to manage your work at one place. This software is one solution stands for your backup ftp sftp and ssh client.Just install this software and forgot all other for Google dive ,ftp, client,ssh client,amazon s3, webdav.You can use it to connect to FTP (File Transfer Protocol), SFTP (SSH Secure File Transfer),WebDAV (Web-based Distributed Authoring and Versioning), Amazon S3, Google Cloud Storage, Windows Azure, Rackspace Cloud Files and even Google Drive. It has the ability to edit the fle in ftp as or in also cloud.https://cyberduck.io/

The site you mentioned above, distributes a software that does the connectivity to multiple remote file stores. But I have a few things that make me worry.The first thing is that this site is a *.ch - China hosted site. And as we all know China has a bad record with Google and many top IT companies. How do we rely that this software does not end up hiding a spyware in my laptop. In-fact I am personally opposed to softwares developed and distributed by the Chinese firms, because many sites and products are banned or warned by my ESET and AVG antivirus.Secondly, its a freeware, and comes with a donate message reminder. A software should not be nagging in the first place and as it is seen, its just a collection of many different APIs bundled together, and each one works independent of each other. Which means, its just not a interlinked fully developed software.And finally, all the user information gets passed through their server, as it is seen clearly.I may be wrong in my judgement, so I am hoping that someone will elaborate more if I have pointed a thing or criticize my views if they are wrong.

When you have concerns such as you list above, I suggest you avoid the site/software.Remember when Limewire was around? Nothing but headaches.On the other hand, investigate further to see if your concerns are valid and decide to continue avoiding the site or decide to use it based on your investigations.Those are my thoughts.It is similar to finding some food in a container in the fridge. If you need to sniff it to figure out if it might be safe to eat, I suggest you throw it out.

I just find out and awesome software that is also free, Well its and option to you , well it can also a backdoor, but my avast shows its alright to use. So i post it.i will tell you about my experience in further posts. I am also using some other software like this , so hope i will get back you soon with this topic.i also found this software in softpedia.com list and i hope they makes all the testes with this software.

Edited by infotronix (see edit history)