xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
jeff1

How To Enable My Best Of Two Graphic Cards To Daily Use

Hi,I just bought an HP g6-2134 with Radeon 7670M graphic card (what does "M" stands for?).Though, when I ran "dxdiag" it shows Intel 4000 instead, so I contacted HP support who helped me download Radeon, so apparently I got two graphic cards even I was not noticed about it where I bought it. Though, again, my Radeon card is not showed when I type "dxdiag", HP says it is because Intel 4000 is the default or whatever so I cannot even be sure if my laptop got the graphic card I wanted.Well, having two cards could be very cool! But it seems that the Intel 4000 is used when I play movies because the video is at a lower quality/visual than my old computer (I put the two screens together and played the same movie). Also I tested it on my silly screen saver Marine Aquarium 3 which in the settings literally says it uses Intel 4000 and therefore this also comes out worse than my old laptop.So how can I switch/enable my Radeon graphic card to be used as default so I can experience the best quality in my daily use as well as when I watch movies and play games?Thanks for help!After talking with HP support for several hours I came to the result that my laptop is one of the few that cannot switch between its graphic cards manually :(In BIOS there is no such function so now I can only put the power plan on "High Performance" and hope that my Radeon card will enable it self. But I tested an animation movie in HD with Radeon disabled and it showed the same (lower) quality when Radeon were enabled (did that in Device Manager) compared to my old laptop. So im not even sure my graphic card works or not. So I come to believe that my old laptop with a higher resolution (1600x900) creates better pictures than my new laptop with lower resolution even though it has a much better graphic card.Any comments?

Edited by velma (see edit history)