xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
fsastraps

Does Anybody Know About Windows Long Horn?

I've never used a Mac before...and most people I know don't like Mac's.But anyway, back on topic:I've heard about Windows Long Horn, but know NOTHING about it, except what was already mention. From what it sounds, it will be really nice. I'd like to see it, but it would probably be a while, even after it's released, before I get to see it because of it, possibly, costing so much, and how much memory and CPU usage it would consume. I hope I DO get to see it, BEFORE I get one at home...

What?  LOL!!!  I didn't see that last sentence until after I posted my post.  You've actually never had any problems with a microsoft product?  Ever used internet explorer?  I would hope you'd see some problems there.  Never had the blue screen of death?  I've seen it on every operating system back to win 95.  (Both versions of win 98 too.)  I can't remember if I've seen it on xp though.

If you truly have never had any problems with microsoft products, then you are one of a very very select few.  Consider yourself warned.

Oh, and to those of you who were debating over the phrase "lol" in the vent forum, I actually did literally laugh out loud.

67166[/snapback]

I did use Internet Explorer, like it a lot actually. I use Firefox now, because I wanted tabs, AdBlock, and MouseGestures. If these features are introduced in Internet Explorer 7 I'll switch back.

Never had a virus, spyware, malware or spam, because I know which sites to go to and where to type my email address. Plus I use three different email address. One which is complete personal for friends and family only. One for online friends and stuff. And one for registrations and signing up for newsletters and stuff.

Of course I have seen the blue screen of death. Even on XP, but it was easy to fix. I know my way around. Nothing is perfect, and I wouldn't say the OS was entirely at fault, it was probably caused by the software( or hardware) that I tried to install.

Well, i am trying to get my hands on LongHorn 4074, but its really hard to find, i just hope i get some luck, i know people that have it but wont give it away for whatever reason. and to SocietySellout i have probales with M$ all the time, that blue screen is a pain, and it just does it randomly, but if you say you have never had a problem, it could also be b/c you dont do teaks on your pc.

For the most interesting in having a closer look @ longhorn, there will be a release in about 20 days or something, in the end of April. It's the official beta 1 and second they say, there will be some nice surprises. WinFX has been removed, which has improved the general performance, Avalon had a code review and lot's of changes happened. Let's see, good or bad, it will be a surprise lol

well i honestly cant wait 20 days, because maybe they will delay it, or they might just release it to developers. But anyways, i fanally got my hands on a copy of longhorn, but the problem is that i dont have a DVD BURNER! haha im so mad! Ill figure something out.

Here it is.

Vmware;

What Is VMware Workstation?

VMware Workstation is powerful desktop virtualization software for software developers/testers and IT professionals who want to streamline software development, testing and deployment in their enterprise. VMware Workstation allows users to run multiple x86-based operating systems, including Windows, Linux, and NetWare, and their applications simultaneously on a single PC in fully networked, portable virtual machines no hard drive partitioning or rebooting required

Virtual PC from Microsoft

Virtual PC is a powerful software virtualization solution that allows you to run multiple PC-based operating systems simultaneously on one workstation, providing a safety net to maintain compatibility with legacy applications while you migrate to a new operating system. It also saves reconfiguration time, so your support, development, and training staff can work more efficiently. Microsoft released Microsoft Virtual PC 2004 on December 2, 2003.

Hope it helps

vmware - http://www.vmware.com/

virtual pc - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/products/windows