xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
sheepdog

Hopeful For This Year.

Once again we are building up hopes of getting to take a vacation this winter. We didn't get to last year, Christmas sales were pathetic, one of the worst Christmas season I have ever seen. We just couldn't afford to make the trip last year. But we are trying real hard this year. For one thing, the old man's family is not in the best of health, and we may not have that many more oppertunities to be with them. It's not the trip that is costly. We have a small economy car, the gas to drive all the way to California won't be the problem, and of course, we stay with family when we are there. The problem comes in when I have to buy everything 3 weeks in advance of the trip. We have to stock up on dog food, and pay the hired helps wages for all the time we are going to be gone. That really runs up a pretty good bill.So, I'm doing every thing right now I can think of to get ahead of the game. I've managed to save up a few dollars, and I'm thinking of every option, even to the point of eyeballing my pile of pop cans to sell for scrap metal! Wish me luck!

The preasure is really on now. With the passing of my hubbies older brother, we are even more determined to make it out to see his sister this year. So far things are going ok, but there has been a bit of a slow down in sales. I do hope that doesn't last very long, and I sure hope Christmas goes better than last year. But right now I am pretty optimistic about our chances for getting to take a vacation this year. I worry too about it being an election year. It seems that scares some people out of spending money when the economy is bad and things are unstable, and there is a great deal of uncertainity about the future. And it won't really matter which one gets elected, there will be just as many pessimists that are sure we are all doomed as there are optimists that think everything will get better.