xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ritu

Not On Facebook? You May Be Considered To Be A Psychopath

Being on Facebook has become the a part of life for the teenagers and even adults, people make sure that even if they have super busy schedules, they have enough time to log into the site at least once a day and all this has come to be known as "Normal". In one of the newspapers the question was asked that if you haven't joined Facebook, can that be considered as a mark of you being a psychopath........ isn't the question itself shocking ?

There has been some observations made in Germany that mass murderers like the Aurora shooter James Holmes or the havoc creator in Norway, Anders Breivik,didn't maintain a Facebook account. Like mentioned above, the use of Facebook is so normal that not using it may put someone in the league of the abnormal or at times threatening for the society.

I do not have any idea what made the observers feel that way but that is a bit too much to consider a person dangerous or to be even judgmental,a psychopath.However there have been certain points that have put forward in favor of the people who are not the part of the Facebook community.

The first reason could be a preference for privacy, we all know that how vulnerable our information is on Facebook, so some people prefer to stay away from it.

The second reason could be the recently emphasized fact that too much clinging onto Facebook can actually hamper real socializing and these people are not comfortable in communicating with others in flesh and blood.

The third reason was the fear of getting addicted to the social networking site and too much of technology overdose. To avoid making it a habit , they choose to stay away from Facebook.

The last reason is something that most of us wouldn't find acceptable, that there are a lot of options available for social networking, but with any of the options all of the mentioned issues would follow.

What's your take on the matter? Get posting with your views.

Source

Wow, a psychopath? That sure seems a bit harsh to me. I was begining to think I was the last person on earth that didn't have a facebook page. Seriously, I worry about getting viruses in my computer, and quite frankly, I am rather private, and don't care to have just any Tom *BLEEP* or Harry have any information about me, or track what I do on line or in any other way stick their nose in my business. But when my favorite dog breeders forum went to facebook I finally broke down after several months of missing all my friends and signed up. I honestly don't like it. Way too much information and junk on there.

Actually what happens is that some observers purely base their studies on certain facts that he thinks are good enough to be relied upon, they can have causes to support their view. However, I have there are also some reasons listed why a person would not spend their time on Facebook. I also refuse to believe that some person who has got a wide circle on the social networking site has never committed any crime, that even might be a petty one.I feel that the study basically takes into account the fact that someone having a facebook account could be tracked and would not get away easily after committing the crime. But a person who is into planning a crime can easily temper his Facebook account also.Moreover, the psychological state of a person can vary at nay point of time, he could have been active on Facebook yet, turn a psycho within a month. How would that be accounted for?

I just can't figure out how they come up with the information they do in some of these crazy studies. I think they just find ways to manipulate facts to make them say whatever they want them to. Who is to say that somebody is stupid enough to brag about some crime on facebook, or did they join FB in advance to committing a crime because they think they will be beyong suspicion if they are on FB? All sound pretty crazy to me.