xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
sharmiladevi

Fuel For Rs 5/l.....?

Whenever there is a hike in petrol, we generally think about “Ramar Pillai”, herbal fuel inventor, whose claim was trashed by the scientists. He held a press conference in Chennai recently with a different fuel claiming that it would make transportation much cheaper for Rs 5 for a litre.He says his concoction when mixed with water and heated to 78 degrees Celsius turns into an inflammable bio-fuel that gives a smokeless blue flame. "The mixture is 15 gm ammonium chloride, 15 gm sawdust and 15 gm yeast. It is fermented and distilled. Then he said he mixes with a litre of water and shake it a bit to see how the water settles at the bottom. He named it “Velar Bio Hydrocarbon Fuel".It seems that a CBI case against Ramar for cheating is still in court. He was arrested in March 2000 for allegedly buying organic chemicals from the market, mixing them with additives and selling it as “herbal fuel'.In another interview to regional magazine “Junior Vikadan” he told to wait till August to come up with good news for our country. He said that he will definitely overcome the sabotage against his invention. He also said that he made a lot of enemies after he was successful in selling about 13 lakh litres of fuel between 1996 and 2001 and none of the customers also seemed to have complained. He said that he also paid tax appropriately for the sold one and told there were no flaws in his fuel. It seems that he had taken his present sample to Shri Shri Ravishankar ji maharaj, a spiritual leader, Anna Hazare, social activist and Ram Dev baba, yoga guru for testing and seemed to have received appreciations from them and also said that Shri Shri Ravishankar ji maharaj came forward to help him financially to set up a fuel manufacturing plant in Haridwar and currently planning to open another one in Chennai.so let us wait and see what is exactly going to happen.....if it is really gonna happen, its a boom for our country, no wonder if it becomes a super power country in a brief period of time.

Well, I certainly wish him the best of luck. There certainly is no shortage of sawdust around, that would be a great way to get some of it used up. Though it has recently been used a lot to make those pellets you can burn for heat in a wood stove. I remember when you could go get truck loads of it for free at any saw mill, now you can't do that anymore. We used to use it a lot for mulch and animal bedding in barns. But car fuel is good too.

I wonder why more people in India don't use waste vegetable oil as a fuel source. Sure, there is the cost of de-carbonization but that is negligible when compared to the amount that they can save on fuel. Also, I don't really know why we ought to buy herbal fuel. We can turn corn produce into alcohol, and we can use vegetable oil or other biodiesel crops. Surely that would help in reducing our dependence on oil while staying carbon neutral.

If he certainly brings up a product successfully,it is a great gift for our country..I certainly wish it should happen and what sharmila said was true..India would become a super power in the near future..