xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
nanna

Where Did We All Used To Go On Holiday

When i was a child i used to love going on holiday my parents used to take us to Butlins Minehead in Somerset England a everything you needed Holiday camp.This was a childhood dream come true mostly everything was free for kids.There was enough to keep kids entertained Fun fair,Donkey Derby,Crazy Golf Swiimming pools indoor and outdoor ones these to name but a few of the things to amuse kids.We kids even had evening entertainment in the princess ballroom with Red coats to keep us entertained with dance and competions and we had Autograph books where we collected the red coats autographs.I used to love these childhood holidays.My early teenage years my parents took me to Blackpool England on holiday.The best time to go to Blackpool is the end of September when its the Illuminations this is when they switch on decorative lights all along the sea front.Blackpool can be a expensive holiday as i found out there is a golden mile of amusement arcades with penny slot machines which are fun and addictive the first time we went there i took spending money with me on the saturday by the monday i had no money left because of playing on the slot machines so i had to borrow some more money of my dad which i didnt have to pay back.Blackpool offers a lot of entertainment you have the pleasure beach which is a massive fair ground,then theres Blackpool tower which you can take a lift to the top and inside the tower you have the ballroom with a big Wurlitzer organ and you have other attractions inside the tower too.There are also trams that go along the sea front and you can take a tram to Fleetwood a little quaint town further along the coast.I enjoyed our holidays to Blackpool.In my older teenage years my parents took me too Oostende a coastal town in Belgium.The food chips mayonaise and preparé to name but a few,the Belgium beers Kriek Rodenbach and Trappist to name but a few and the night life are something you really need to experience for one self.And during the day, day trips to Brugge,Brussels,Sluis and Middleberg in Holland are out of this world.Our holidays to Oostende were my best holidays as this is where i met my husband.

when i was kid my parents used to take me to NewCastle (County Derry) or Portrush those times were fun and seemed like an adventure every time.