xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
darko100

First Ever 2Tb External Harddrives

Again me with my second NEWSFIR topic (huh , i get excited :D )WD(Western Digital) launches first external hard disks with 2TB. They are part of the MyPassport series and like others externals , they're compatible with 2.0 and 3.0 USB ports. Western Digital says that the maximal transfer speed is 5GB/s which is very good (we could transfer games in seconds :D). The size of these are 2,1cm x 11,2cm x 8,1cm and they weight about 200g , so it's pretty small and portable.The package with the hard disk you can buy contains Western Digital SmartWare software which can make cool things like backup and managing storage. You can also secure files , add a password , encrypt them and everything is safe (hardware encrypted).All MyPassport harddisks will have 2yrs garanty , and they cost about ~250$.

I think you mean first "portable" HDD's. External ones go much bigger than that -- last August I picked up a couple 3TB external HDD's for under $90 each, :P.

Yes , yes i meant portable. My mistake. But whatever portables are external :D

Ah, they are but it doesn't go in reverse -- external doesn't mean portable, :).

Really? They are just now out? I thought I was in Sam's Club, and I saw some... though I wasn't paying too much attention to this, but I do remember thing, whew, technology flies. Just a few years ago I was buying 3.5"-one, with 1.5TB, and thinking that I was getting a good deal...