xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
darko100

How Much Do You Like Your Computer Hardware?

I haven't seen a topic like this so here is one :) Let's discuss about our PC hardware and how much you like it and does it suit your needs.I personally use for video montage , photoshop and no gaming so i really don't need special configuration unless i have a lot of rendering work... Even though i own 2 computers and 1 laptop :)I have Wi-Fi connection :) And i forgot configurations:PC #1CPU Intel E2200 @ 2.2GHzMB Foxconn G31MXGPU nVidia GeForce 8400 GS @ 500 MHzRAM 2GB DDR3PC #2CPU AMD X3 @ 3.3GHzMB Foxconn H61MXVGPU nVidia GT 520 1GB SDDR3RAM 5GB DDR3

My IBM Lenovo Thinkpad T60 has been with me for half a decade. I did use an HP laptop but, well, it did not quite make it through the intensive use that I put my laptops through. The Thinkpad survived because of its solid construction and a lot of other Thinkpad users will tell you the same. The Thinkpad line-up was the reason people went to IBM for laptops. Sure, they were over-priced but they were solidly constructed and lasted longer. Think of it as a Toyota or a Jeep that just keeps going on and on and on. There are a lot of used Thinkpads still out there so if you are trying to decide between a netbook or a second-hand pre-owned laptop, you might want to take a look at what Thinkpads are out there simply because the netbooks just don't have the computational power if you are trying to develop software, work with graphics, or do anything else apart from word processing, email and web browsing. I don't mean to say that netbooks can't be used, but I'm simply saying that it would take longer for a netbook, powered by an Atom processor, to do something that was built for a more mainstream processor.BTW, you mention that you have 2 computers and a laptop. Do you have a home network setup, or are all of them independent with separate Internet connections?