xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ritu

Who Was At The Lakeside?

There have been so many discussions on whether ghosts exist, it is still debatable. I have no idea how a particular group supports their existence, I mean that if they can support their opinion with some evidence, the same kind of people are also found standing in opposition, they don't believe in ghosts. Practically speaking, even I don't believe in ghosts. In the locality where we lived, there were a lot of people who would go for morning walk and may be a little bit of exercising, a small lake was there with a garden on its banks, it had tall trees and a huge playground at the back.Chirping and singing of birds kept the place lively, with the colourful and sweet smelling flowers.I was very young still remember that my father and his friends had discussions about what had happened the previous night on the sides of the lake. I do remember that it was strictly forbidden for anyone to go by the lake after dark, also many people had seen a lady dressed in white stopping cars and heavy vehicles. Every year in the spring season at least 2-3 kids would drown in that river and for any frustrated soul, it was the place to commit suicide.So,its easy to guess, the place was infamous and haunted. Now, if asked whether that was the truth, I would be in a state of confusion, though I would never say I believed in ghosts, had seen none with my eyes.It really grabbed everyone's attention when a well- known bureaucrat was allegedly attacked by an unknown force when he was passing by the lake late at night. There was an air of extra cautiousness after this. One thing was for sure, the incidents certainly made me think as if there was something from the paranormal world beside the lake. :unsure:

I have always been curious about the ghost thing. Heard those ghost stories all my life. Personally, I have never seen one, so it makes it pretty hard to believe they actually do exist. But I do have a good friend that has told me several time that she has been visited by departed loved ones on several occasions, and I believe she is speaking the truth. I do tend to lean toward some belief in the supernatural side, so I suppose I should be more of a believer in ghosts. But until I actually see one for myself, I'm afraid I'm stuck with my doubts on this subject. I actually would like to see one. I don't think it would scare in in particular, but it would be cool to finally have some proof, even if it was just for my own mind, since nobody else would probably believe me anyway.